11

Papyrus POV

(Y/n) looked at me like I was some lost piece of a puzzle she thought she'd never see again. She said she found her light or something but that just confused me even more. What light did she find? She is staring at me and I'm no light, just a lazy ol' skeleton.

"Heh... uh, kiddo. I don't understand-" I was promptly cut off by her pulling me into a hug.

A warm... soft... hug...

She smells like cherries.

What the hell papyrus! Don't think that way!

"I said... I found my light. You, Papyrus. You are my light. I finally found my way out of the dark..."

Is she speaking in riddles that I'm too lazy to understand?

"My mom always was my light until she died. The light was lost for a really...really long time." She continues as she gets off of me, staring into my eye sockets.

"(Y/n), what does it mean to be your light?" I ask with pure curiosity.

She then smiles. A real smile this time. It's not fake or forced.

"Paps... it means you make me happy. You have been the first person to give me true joy ever since mom died." I pull her into a hug as she did me. Mainly due to the tears running down her (s/c) cheeks.

"I've never been able to find it. I told my mom at her grave that I would never give up. And I didn't. And here I am... I have friends. A new family. People who actually like me, who aren't judgemental. And... you. You were the first one to be nice to me that day at the cafe. You guys didn't even know me but... you were there for me." She lets out a shakey laugh and leans into me.

"And... I may just ruin everything by saying this... but... papyrus?" She looks up at me as I look down at her.

"Yes (y/n)?"

"I... think I love you."

[hey guys! Thanks for reading so far. Im surprised at all the reads actually. And that one person who voted, i thank you. I didn't expect this whatsoever. Please give me ideas in the comments! Im running out of inspiration.  Thanks again! Until next time!]