Chap 2: Khun's Identity

This is a bit of a lengthy chapter because I wanted to cover most of the past in one chap, and this has been in my drafts longer than it should have so I'm posting it now haha. I promise the protagonists are gonna meet each other soon T^T, I'm just providing some background to give the story more context. (Also I just used pics online that best fit the description of details in the story so you can imagine it more easily :>)

|Khun's Pov|

Yeah I'm a witch. And my life is a living hell, like literally. Hmm where should I begin? Maybe all the way from the start of my excruciating childhood perhaps? Well buckle up because it's going to be one hell of a sickening rollercoaster ride.

                   ————————

My mother had deep blue eyes resonating the depths of the ocean, one look and it made you seemed as though you're going to drown in sorrow, sadness, unable to swim back to the surface for swift gasps of air. In the witch community, everyone has their own unique ability and only those from the same bloodline possess similar powers, so those eyes are my mother's weapon. Well, were. Father was human, mother's a witch. When everything went down like some tragic, tear-jerking ending to a movie, the next thing I knew I was wandering the streets like a stranded ghost. Maybe I actually lost my soul that day.

Just a year before that happened, we were happy, and aside from the constant married-couple bickering from my parents, I had a considerably ordinary childhood up until the age of 5. Mom and dad often fired harsh words at each other for petty reasons, like making the bathroom floor wet or leaving expired milk in the freezer until it reeked of mold and sour decay.

But still, dad was able to afford a sustainable lifestyle for the family while mom spended most of her time weaving intricate tapestries. We lived in a small, isolated town near the woods back then, in a fairly big 2-story house. The best tailor living with the most mesmerizing lady, along with their 5 year-old child. They were a perfect couple as imperfect as they could be, at least that's what I saw when I was a blinded, naïve boy.

                  ————————

As life went on, strange things began to occur. Mom went down to the basement every single night. She was so discreet that sometimes I didn't even hear a single creak on the floor board. She told everyone that it was like...a little oasis to calm her mind...Yea - she laughed awkwardly - so please respect her decision and not enter it. Dad was busy in his shop, and I often played with kids in the neighborhood, so we paid little attention to the door located near the stairs. It was hardly visible anyway. But I could hear her voice every night ringing in my head, speaking peculiar words that my kid mind just assumed it was nothing serious. Maybe I was too tired, and my brain decided to make this to entertain myself so there's nothing to worry about, right? I'll probably forget it in the morning so let's just get back to sleep.

                    ————————

But then again, one day, Dad arrived home at night with woman's cologne wafting in the air. Mom looked like she lost her mind and started questioning dad loudly. They were so loud in the kitchen that I woke up, accidently overhearing them. So I snuck out of bed and tiptoed downstairs. I detected a weird smell on my way down right away.

The scent was strange and an unpleasant, irritating sensation ran all the way down to my spine. Mom ran her fingers through her hair with a disorted look plastered on her face. Something was definitely wrong. Even her questions were very odd, not really about interrogating dad about the perfume but details of his encounter with that person instead. "What did she look like?" "Did she say anything weird?" "Did she do something to you when you saw her?!", then to the question "What did she ask you to sew?". Dad had confusingly answered all mom questions up till then, so he quickly showed her the ordered design.