Chapter 7: A Fake Hero

Midoriya was laying on his bed, looking at the photo he took with class 1A. Midoriya never realized it until now but his entire demeanor had changed. He was no longer the happy go lucky kid, with eyes filled with hope and wonder. Midoriya now had cold fish eyes and a rather bland expression the only time Midoriya ever got a genuine smile was when he was in a good fight or doing quirk analysis.

"Why do I still have this photo?" said Midoriya as he took another glance at the photo in his hand, he crumbled up the photo and put it in the trash.

"DEKU" shouted Shigaraki into the intercom that was connected to Midoriya's room.

"Yea?" responded Midoriya

"Get your ass to the bar NOW" Shigaraki shouted once more and left the intercom.

"Guess I better go" said Midoriya as he made his way to the League's main hideout.

Shigaraki and Kurogiri were wounded much to Midoriya's surprise. Midoriya made his way back to the bar to help up Kurogiri who was barely able to stand.

"Kurogiri what happened?" Midoriya questioned Kurogiri as he moved him to a bar stool.

"We tried to recruit Stain. And we were a little overwhelmed" said Kurogiri as he looked in Shigarakis direction.

"Grr, the bastard cut my arm! HEY DEKU! Stain trained you right?" Shigaraki asked angrily as he made his way to a table.

"Yea he trained me so what?" responded Midoriya as he began to subtly move his hand to his holstered blade.

Before Shigaraki could say anything a devilish smile spread across his face.

"I want you to go to Hosu Deku, Stain said he might join our group if our views aligned. So go to him and convince him." explained Shigaraki as he tried to hide his smile.

"Sure, but I'm not sure if even I'll be able to convince him," responded Midoriya

Midoriya quickly made his way back to his apartment to change into his costume.

Midoriya knew very well Stain would never join the League no matter what he told him. Regardless Midoriya did want to see his old mentor and get some fresh air.

After putting on his costume Midoriya quickly returned to the bar were Kurogiri was waiting to teleport him.

"Kurogiri, I'm ready" said Midoriya as he made last-minute checks to his costume.

"Very well Deku" responded Kurogiri as he opened up a mist portal and dropped Deku off on top of a building.

"Thank you" said Midoriya as he looked over the city.

"Good luck" Kurogiri responded as he teleported back to the Leagues hideout.

"Hehehehe I get to kill two birds with one stone" chuckled Shigaraki as he eyed the three nomus before him.

Midoriya was traversing rooftops looking for Stain when he received a phone call from an unlisted number.

"Hello?" Midoriya answered "Hey kid it's me" responded Stain

Midoriya was caught by surprise to hear his old mentors voice again. It had been a couple months since he last heard from him.

"Stain? Why are you calling me?" asked Midoriya pulling the phone a bit closer to his face.

"Listen, I think I need your help with this guy I'm chasing, plus I know you are in Hosu looking for me" explained Stain

Midoriya knew Stain wouldn't change his mind,but he did want to catch up with his old teacher.