thirteen × Calella

[Bellariz]

I'm super duper excited for our trip. Calum told me that we would be spending our Christmas in New Zealand. I'm satisfied with this choice because both of us were initially from NZ too and the place is close to my heart.

I left for the airport rather early since it was far away from my house but it ended up with me being still a few minutes late. Fudge. Calum was already there too.

"Cal! Oh gosh, I am so sorry for being late!" I apologised, embarrassment washing over me.

He merely smiled in response. "Don't apologise Bella, it's alright. Now let's go check in, shall we?"

I nodded and the both of us went off.

× In New Zealand ×

I sighed in satisfaction as I breathed in the fresh air of the place that I have not visited in like, a million years. Okay, maybe I'm exagerrating.

I'm sure Calum feels that same way since he looks like an excited puppy. It was adorable. Since it was already in the evening, we took a taxi to the nearest restaurant.

The food was delicious...so there's that. I totally didn't forget to instagram it too. Psht. Claire and Michael left comments telling us how much they missed us and it was not even one full day.

They should be in New York by now. Hope they enjoy it there because we would not be seeing each other for a few days until our little vacation is over.

After dinner, we went to the hotel. Of course, it was amazing as I had expected. Sharing a room might be a little awkward for me and Calum so I suggested taking another room but ehh...Calum told me it was not necessary.

We took turns to bathe and do our night routine before going to bed. Thankfully there were two separate beds because I'm not prepared to share one yet. Pardon my awkwardness.

I switched off the lights but I could not sleep. Neither could Calum since he kept checking his phone once in a while.

"Can't sleep huh?" Calum asked.

"Yea..."

"Hmm...then wanna talk?"

"Sure! Tell me about our itinerary for these few days that we will be here?"

"It's nothing extravagant actually. Just the normal ya know...swimming, sightseeing...all that jazz. However, just you wait for Christmas Day, Bella."

"It's like in two days, Cal." I said.

"Mhm. Prepare to be amazed."

× Christmas Day ×

In the morning, we set out early in the morning to wonder the streets since it was filled with lovely Christmas lights. Calum told me that we will come back at night since it will look even better when the lights are turned on.

So basically for the rest of the day, we kinda just walked around and the best part, we got to video call Claire and Michael! Well they looked like they were having loads of fun in NYC too so, nothing to worry about.

The day flew by and it was already 7 at night. We returned to the place we visited in the morning and...dayum. I could not put my thoughts into words. The place was simply beautiful. Many couples were there taking pictures too.

Calum slipped his hand into mine and I felt something cold and metallic. I pulled my hand away to find a ring on the palm of my hand. I widened my eyes at Calum before continuing to examine the ring. It had the word 'Calella' engraved in cursive font on the silver ring.

"It's a promise ring, Bella." Calum said, blushing a dark shade of red.

I laughed at his cuteness and put it on while admiring it. "Thank you Cal, it's gorgeous." I thanked and tiptoed to kiss him.

"Anything for you, Bella."

×A/N×

Alright, I haven't updated in a bajillion years. I deeply apologise. Anyway, here's dem Calella feels that shall hit you like a truck. XD

ILY PENGUINS!

~ Jan