Chapter 8

Selena POV

"As of today, I declare you, Selena Gomez, as the Queen's courtier"

Say what?

I stood there, a blank expression over my face as I stare dumbfounded at the Queen

I stood there, a blank expression over my face as I stare dumbfounded at the Queen. Everyone around me was speechless, but not as much as I was. This has to be a joke, it can't be real.
I raised my hand, grabbing a hold of my skin from my right arm before pinching it hard. I let out a squeal, the Queen furrowing her eyebrows, taken back by my sudden reaction. Nope, not dreaming.

I winced, rubbing my arm as Eleanor facepalms at my ridiculous actions. This has to be a mistake..Me? The Queen's courtier?

"Your majesty, y-you can't be serious! I am the honorary courtier, for the king" Samuel gasps, very surprised by this sudden change.

"Yes Samuel, for the king, but I am not the king. I just feel like we are in need of a change, and this young lady can lead us to it"

"I'M IN ON THE CHANGE!" shouted Prince Harry, every head turnt towards him as he awkwardly regains himself, clearing his throat.

"What I meant to say was that I agree with your decision, mother. I too, believe she would be a perfect fit for our kingdom. I really do"

He lightly smiled, looking at my direction. I blushed a bit more, a small bashfully smile appearing over my face as I nervously look down at the ground. Well if the prince agrees then there's no reason to object.

"With all do respect your majesty, I hope this isn't a joke" Samuel anxiously chuckles, properly sweating his armpits off.

"The Queen never jokes when it comes to matters such as this one. I see potential in Ms. Gomez, something that this kingdom needs"

"Oh that's preposterous! This young lady knows nothing about the duties of a courtier, she is completely inadequate!"

"As were you when you weren't around to protect me from harm during the event. May I remind you of the two empty bottles of wine you've left sitting at the library this morning?"

Samuel opens his mouth, immediately losing it. Well what's there to say when the Queen calls you out on your faults. She turns to me, smiling wide as she takes my hand, holding in hers. I held in my breath, straining my widen eyes as I stood up properly to look at her. Oh my god she's actually touching me.

"I heard you were in need of work, something that this maiden, Kendall Jenner, kindly shared with me during our journey here" she pointed out, Kendall's widening her eyes in shock and regret.