II - Run

^Don't play song yet^

I anxiously picked at my nails as we were stuck in traffic. The virus had an outbreak and we were in a state of national emergency. My brothers, Sam and Dean, were talking in low voices trying to figure out what to do. "De, Sammy, what are we going to do?" I ask leaning against the seat. "We don't know, kiddo." I nod, not moving. We were looking for Dad, who had gone missing. "What about Dad?" 

"We're going to find him," Sam assures me. "I'm scared." Sam gave me a big knife with a sheath on my belt, another sheath for my throwing knives, and a thigh holster for my gun. In my bag, was a bundle of arrows and a sheath, my bow rested on the floor. "I know you are, Tor. We have to fight." There were explosions up near Atlanta. My eyes widened with fear. "I'm going to see what's happening. Stay here."

Dean turns off the car and gets out. I step out of the car and sit on the trunk. "What happens if we don't make it?" I ask Sam. "Don't talk like that, angel," he says getting down to my height. "Me, you, and Dean are all going to make it. We're going to find Dad and we're going to be okay." Later that night, I was laying in the front seat with Dean. We were trying to get some sleep, but my nerves kept me awake. 

A few things you should know, I'm ADHD and have anxiety issues. It was weird and sucked. Before we left Macon, Sam and Dean bought as much medicine for me as they could, considering that was the only thing that could calm me down. When I was eight, my brothers took me to get an anti-possession tattoo on my shoulder to protect me from any demons. Castiel had carved warding into my ribs so only he could see where I was.

I prayed every night to the angel, missing him dearly. I woke up the next morning in Sam's lap, Dean behind the wheel once more. I stretch and climb into the backseat, reaching for my bag. Inside was a few bottles of water and my pills. Taking one for each problem, I sigh and settle into my previous position. Dean suddenly leaned forward and bit his lip. I look to Sammy, who was looking at Dean.

"Get your stuff." Dad had taken the Impala, so we had one of Bobby's old cars. "De, what's going on?" I ask. "Just pack up, quick." I shove everything in my bag and slide it on. I grip my bow with one hand, my other on the door handle. "Go." I get out of the car and Dean pulls me under the car. Sam was next to me. "Stay quiet," Dean mumbles softly. Sam holds onto one of my hands, comforting me.

Then I heard it. The walkers. Their loud groans drew closer. I dug my nails into my palm, grounding myself so I didn't have an anxiety attack. Once they faded, Dean slid out from under the car. I follow him. More walkers were approaching. "Tory, go!" I take off, clutching my bow. I stop to take a breath when I see a woman, a man, and a boy about my age. "Dean, Sam!" I cry looking for them. They were gone. 

Tears start to fill my eyes as I panic, looking for them. "Hey!" I turn to my left. The boy was calling to me. "Are you okay?" he asks. I shake my head. "What's your name?" he asks. "Uh, Victoria Winchester," I reply. "Victoria, hi, I'm Carl Grimes." The woman I saw walked over. "You can call me Tory," I tell him. "Tory, would you like to stay with us?" I nod, not speaking. "I'm Lori Grimes, that's Shane Walsh." I wave at the guy. He waved back at me. "What happened? What's a girl like you doing out here alone?"

"I-I lost my brothers," I whisper. "We'll find them, okay, honey?" I nod. Sam and Dean were my brothers, the ones who always protected me. They made sure I was okay and that nothing could hurt me. "What's happening?" I ask Lori. "We aren't sure." I nod in response, feeling close to her already. The silence was comfortable as I sat next to Carl on the tailgate of their truck. I anxiously fidgeted with my fingers, wondering where the hell my brothers were.

Looking up, I see who I thought was my brother. Turns out it was a walker who kind of resembled Dean, but it wasn't him. "Lori, Carl, come on!" Carl jumps off the tailgate, pulling me with him. I stumble at first, but regain my footing. We bolted through the woods, brushing past branches and underbrush. Something cut my arm and my hand up pretty bad. "Tory, come on!" I pushed on with Carl, the hope of my brothers still being alive keeping me going.