III - Broken Like Me

I woke up the next morning next to Carl. He was still asleep so I change quietly into my jeans and boots and leave our tent. Shane was up on top of the RV keeping watch, so I decided to go sit by him. "Hey, Tory, what's up?" I shrug and sit down cross-legged. "We'll find them, I promise." I rest my chin in my hands, staring out at the lake. "They used to tell me we were going to kick some ass one day, y'know?"

Shane looks down at me. "What do you mean?" I sigh. "Well, before this, monsters, all kinds, were real. I guess God or one of those dickbag angels decided to not give us more than one headache. Dean taught me how to kill them while Sam taught me everything I know. I just wanted to kick some ass with them. I may never see them again." He nods, placing his hand on my shoulder.

Everyone slowly woke up and I went down to see Carl. After breakfast, we sat down near a few trees in the shade. "Can I see the pictures of your brothers?" I hand him the picture I showed Lori and the one I showed Daryl. "What about him?" He was pointing to Adam. "Um, Adam, he died," I state bluntly. "I'm sorry." I shrug. "He did it to save me and Dean," I tell Carl. "Dean's pretty," Carl jokes. "Oh, believe me, he knows he is."

"Got quite an ego?" I nod. "More than you'd know." We hear cars and yelling. "Carl, Tory!" He jumps up and I follow him. "Dad!" Carl runs to a guy in a sheriff's uniform. "Sammy!" I run into Sam's arms, clinging onto him. "Tor," he breathes out. I started to cry. "Hey, it's okay, I'm here, I'm not going anywhere." He sets me down. "Where's Dean?" I ask looking for my other brother. "I lost him after he told you to go."

I tuck my hair behind my ears and start to cry again. "We're going to find him, Tory. Him and Dad." I nod. "I wish Adam was here," I tell Sam. "Me too." I gasp. "Carl! Come here!" Carl runs over, with Lori not too far behind. "This is Sam, my smarter, less egotistical brother," I introduce. "Sam, this is Carl and Lori," I tell him. "Thanks for taking care of her," Sam tells Lori. "Don't thank me, thank Carl. He saved her."

Sam kneels down. "Thank you, Sir Carl, for taking such lovely care of my sister." I hide my face in my hands and start to giggle. Sheriff Guy was talking to Shane and Glenn. "Ry, come here." I walk with Sam to Sheriff and Shane. "Rick, this is my sister. Ryan, this is Rick, the guy who saved my life." I nod at him in response. "Where's Daryl?" Jacqui asks. "He's out hunting," I inform her. 

"Daryl?" Sam questions. "He said he'd help me find you and Dean," I explain. "Well, you found me. We're going to find Dean." I nod. The next few days were quiet, which was interesting. That night, I heard rustling. The adults were still by the campfire talking. I creep out of my tent and go to Carl's. "Carl!" I mutter shaking him awake. "What?" he groans. "Do you hear that?" I ask him. He listens. "Yeah, come on."

We run out to the others. "Sam, Sammy!" I say running to him. "Tor, what's wrong?" he asks setting me in his lap. "I think I heard walkers," I tell him. "Okay, just relax. I've got you." I allow Sam to comfort me, while Lori and Rick tried to calm Carl down. I hear Sophia and Carol scream. "Sophia!" I cry out jumping up. Sam holds me by the shoulders and pulls me to him. "Walkers!" Carol cried running over. 

I reach for Sophia's hand, pulling her near me. "Tory, stay with Carol." I step to Carol. Carl and Lori walked over to us. Amy screams. I look at the RV. A walker had bitten into her arm, another into her neck. "AMY!" I cry out. "Tory, down!" I drop down. An arrow flies into a walker head. I smile at Daryl. I held my knife out, ready to kill anything that came near us. The five of us were huddled together as the guys killed walkers. 

I was trying not to cry, thinking if Dean or Cas was one of these walkers. Once they were all dead, I run to Sam. He holds me up off the ground. "The children can sleep in the RV tonight. We'll clean up in the morning," Dale states. I feel Sam start to walk. I hold tighter to him as Sam tries to lay me down. "I know, Tor, but you need sleep. Stay with Carl and Sophia, yell if you need me." He lays me down and kisses my forehead. "We're going to find Dean, I promise."