Earrings (pt.2)

He's mine. Oh, Oh, OH. 

What a funny way to express my emotions. The context of my words seemed to escape me whilst they were still in my mind, as if I was too entranced in his smile to prevent the almost-innuendo from passing my lips. 

The almost innuendo. Was it just shy of passing that line, or was it further, a torturous thing that would ring in Mammon's ears, making him remember. Making him see me in a different light. 

His head swiveled towards mine incredibly fast, his now cherry red face dizzying me beyond my new prescription glasses. It's so nice to see him, in all of his visual splendor, his gazing eyes entrapping me, yet... 

Yet my lenses were different than the last, trashy pair of glasses I owned. So much so that previously, I could hardly make out any of the features of the seven brothers. I couldn't see Simeon when he alerted me to the fact that Lucifer was called "Lucy" by Michael up in Heaven, I couldn't see when I was hiding Luke from Lucifer in Beelzebub's room, and I couldn't see when Belphegor began to squeeze me in that small, attic room. 

The last thought made me sick to my stomach, painfully accentuated by the dizzying new world I was experiencing. And then there were my words, still thick in the air around my companion and I. 

"That's right, I'm your first man, I'm glad ya know it." 

Oh, he's glad I like him. He's glad I think he's mine, he's glad I said that.

.

.

.

Wait, what?

Now it was my turn for my head to spin on it's axis, my glasses slipping down my noise as I turned to gawk at Mammon. Hold on, wasn't he supposed to blush and stutter? Wasn't he supposed to deny it or something, just like he usually did? Wasn't he supposed to be the Tsundere, if he even liked me?

"Wait-boi what're you-MMM-whyyy...?" I buried my face in my hands, my facade of confidence disappearing in a moment. Of course, now I'm a stuttering mess, someone whose crush is painfully obvious. MMM-whyyy...?  Nice job, brain. You've done me good, I appreciate it. 

"Pfffft!" Mammon's laugh rings out loud and clear as we begin to walk along the Devildom Market's streets once more. He's laughing? At my pain, my embarrassment? Could he think... could he think it's cute? 

Oh, who am I kidding. I'm probably just escaping into my fantasies once more, letting my mind shape what I want from Mammon in front of me, making it seem real, so, vividly, achingly real. 

I want that. 

"Oi, that's..." Mammon's breath hitched as he began to talk, as if he were preparing himself for something. A let down, I bet. An apology made easier by the look on his face, something bashful and sweet, yet... sad. Sad for me. 

Pitying. 

"That's adorkable ya know. Your stuttering I mean." This isn't real. It can't be real, can it? "That's adorkable, so let's get ya home so I can show ya how adorable I think ya really are."

Internal sirens and screams set off inside my mind, something based off of happiness and sensuality, my chest feeling multitudinous waves of emotions in seconds. He's gonna show me how adorable I really am! They screamed, fangirling into my cavernous skull. He called me adorkable, I'm a cute dork to him!! 

Oh. My. God. 

"BRUH-" The first word that comes to my mind, is, of course, "Bruh." You've got to be kidding me, that's all I could think of? I know I'm crying tears of joy internally, but,, that's some frustration I'm feeling at that word right now.

Mammon only laughs once more, this time the tone more jovial than the last. Many people turned at the wave of power that was released with the loud chuckle, rolling their eyes at the second most powerful Demon Brother, Avatar of Greed. 

"Yes."