Chapter 2: Recovery

Beep... beep... beep...

White, all Torbjorn saw was white as he awoke in the hospital, the smell of disinfectant and blood overwhelming his senses as he regained consciousness. His mind was dizzy as the pain medications took effect, and the heart monitor filled his ears. As he tried to sit up however, pain creeped all over his body like millions of little needles pricking his skin. He hissed, and a familiar voice had perked up.

"You're awake"

The tone sounded glad, with a hint of worry. Torbjorn looked to his right, noticing the giant sitting next to him, a book in hand. "How long was I out?" The Swede asked, voice course and rough from sleep. "About three days, I was worried you wouldn't wake up"

Torbjorn laid back down, a small huff leaving him as the pain slowly subsided, the medicines continuing to pump through his veins. "Well I'm awake now, what's the damage?" Torbjorn then looked down, noticing his right leg in a white cast. He sighed, turning his head to look at Reinhardt again.

"Aside from your arm and your eye, a broken leg, along with some bruises and cuts here and there. You would've died if I hadn't found you.." Reinhardt looked down, a soft sigh leaving his lips. "You scared me back there... I thought I was going to lose you"

Torbjorn frowned, placing his hand on Reinhardt's. "You won't, not anytime soon, I can promise you that" His frown turned into a soft smile. "Hey, how about you take a break with me? You clearly need a break after everything. You could visit the kids and Ingrid with me!"

"That sounds lovely.."