Chapter 2

TW // Mentions of Violence, Mentions of Homicide, Gambling, Stealing

"I'm not staying with a band of murderers." 

Sapnap's once soft look turned into a harsh glare. His eyes pierced George's, and he gulped nervously, wondering if he said the wrong thing. 

"I'm not a murderer. Far from it." he spat, his arms crossed. 

George decided to be bold. To fight the uncomfortable feeling in his stomach with fake bravery. 

"Then why did I see Bad murder-"

"Exterminate. Not murder, exterminate." 

"Yeah, exterminate an innocent man." 

“Innocent, my ass.”

Sapnap barked out a laugh and he spun around away from George, not wanting to see him lest his stupidity brought his IQ down. 

“You really think Bad. BadBoyHalo, can kill an innocent? Like think about it. Use your 5 brain cells and think about it.”

A snappy retort was on the top of George’s tongue, but he held it back. He let his mind wander to all his interactions with his best friend, remembering how attached he was to a salmon, and how to he refused to swear due to this child audience. The most wholesome man in the world, killing another human being. 

“For your information, the person he killed was stealing money from his wife to gamble away like water. She used the last of her funds to pay us to get her money back. to feed her kids."

George felt himself falling, falling deep into old memories and broken pasts.

"Papa, what are you doing?"

The man froze. He quickly pocketed the thick wad of cash and turned around to face his son, a smile across his face.

"I'm only taking stuff from Mummy."

"Did she let you? Mummy says if you take things that are not yours without permission you are…" 5 year old George struggled to find the correct words to articulate his thoughts.

"I'm not stealing from her Georgie, she let me take it."

George was satisfied with that answer and did not question any further. He did not question why he heard the sound of things being ruffled about in his mummy's room just after his daddy left the house. Nor did he question when at night the voices outside his room that sounded eerily like his parents became louder and louder.

He finally questioned when he first started school, where he realised that having your parents fight every day was not normal.

"Fuck, I need to apologise to Bad."

Sapnap blinked.

"I don't know what when on in your tiny little brain just now when you were spacing out and shit, but I guess it must have been good for you since you just said something that wasn't nonsense. I'll bring Bad in."

Sapnap left the room, leaving George to drown in his thoughts.

An eternity passed. Fine, maybe it was not an eternity, but it seemed that way to George as he waited for his best friend (were they even best friends anymore?) to come in.

Finally, the door swung open. Bad shuffled in, his eyes red from crying.

An awkward silence ensued.

"Oh my god, if neither of you are going to say anything, then I will." All eyes turned on Sapnap who charged headfirst into the unspoken conversation. He recounted everything that happened since Bad went out, making George's face flush bright red.

After he was done, a small voice emerged.

"You really shouldn't use naughty words, you know."

George stifled a laugh.

"Your friend accuses you of cold blooded murder and your first thought is that he shouldn't say a certain word?"

Bad chuckled. He rubbed his eyes.

"Friends?"

"Best friends."

The door slammed open, the bang resulting from it hitting the wall sending shivers up the three mens' spines.

"What the fuck-"

Sapnap swore which was quickly followed by a "Language!".

Stood by the doorway was a man with a yellow coloured hoodie and a mask covering his face. The mask had 2 dots and a mouth drawn on it, making a crude face. He seemed to be rather tall, however that was hard to tell as he was currently leaning against the doorway for support. He was panting and it looked like he just ran 14 kilometeres in a minute.

"Sorry to interrupt sappy time, pretty boy," glancing at George, "but the whole gang has requested your presence," turning his gaze to Bad.

"And apparently I'm their messenger boy," the man muttered under his breath.

"T-the whole gang?" Bad said. The cheery mood immediately turned sombre though George knew not why.

"That hasn't happened before-" Sapnap chimed in.

"We never took in anyone after the incident, Sapnap. Of course it hasn't happened before." Bad hissed, shutting him up quickly.

There was only one thought in George's mind.

"What the hell did I get into?"

----
798 words
----

I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SO LONG PLEASE FORGIVE ME