Chapter 2

"You look marvelous." Effie says while Christopher stands back, admiring his hard work. I am in a black dress that goes down past my feet. My make up covers my eyes like war paint.

Wells walks in with an all black suit that holds a fire like pattern on it. I have the same fire pattern. The fire is a light grey, making it stick out on the clothes.

"Let's go to the wagons." Effie claps as she leads us to an elevator. Once we are down on the bottom floor we are dragged over to our wagon. It is the farthest away from the door. Clan 12 goes last.

My eyes are caught on the girl from Clan one. Her hair is in many braids and she has on leather armor with a red stash. Her face is covered in war paint that kind of reminds me of a raccoon. I smile to myself. I am going up against a raccoon.

My smile fades when she looks up at me. Her sharp green eyes pierce my blue ones and send shivers down my back. She gives me a smirk before she gets onto her wagon with the large man who also volunteered to fight.

"Clarke." Effie says, gaining my attention. I get onto the wagon with Wells. Christopher comes and stands on my side and whispers to me.

"Clan one, huh?" I glare at the man who chuckles, "It would be good to have her on your team." he whispers and then he backs away from the wagon.

"Smile!" Effie calls you Wells and I while the cart starts moving.

"Hello! I am your host, Cesar!" A voice calls out and the crowd of thousands of people, "Lets see our tributes!"

The wagons go out one at a time showing the tributes in order of Clans, "From Clan One: Lexa Woods and Lincoln Forest!" The crowd cheers as the wagons continue pouring out, "From Clan Two: Luna Rivers and Roan Azgeda! From Clan Three: Raven Reyes and Nathan Miller! From Clan Four: Bellamy Blake and... oh wow. Look at this! Octavia Blake!"

Siblings. Two siblings will be in here and at least one has to die. "From Clan Five: Gustus Trikru and Indra Wonkru! From Clan Six: Madi Shadows and Jasper Jordan! From Clan Seven: Echo Cage and Monty Green! From Clan Eight: Maya Vie and Illian Light! From Clan Nine: Emori Light and Illian Brown. From Clan Ten: Gaia Flame and Jordan Haines! From Clan Eleven: Hope Diyoza and Gabriel Santiago!"

This is it. We are up. The doors open and my carriage takes off. The crowd is incredibly loud. The wheels of our wagon burst into flames and the crowd cheers even louder, "Last but definitely not least! From district twelve: Clarke Griffin and Wells Jaha!" The noise around me is overwhelming but I remember Effie's words.

I smile and wave at the crowd. Wells does the same and someone throws a flower at him. He catches it and smiles back at where it was thrown. Maybe we can get people to like us.

The crowd settles down as the president stands up to speak, "Noble tributes! You have all been brought to the capital as brave warriors. We will cheer for you and we will mourn for you. And my the odds, be ever in your favor." He smiles at all of us from his elevated thrown.

The wagons pull away and we all get off once we are safely away from cameras. Effie comes out sheeting and clapping her hand excitedly, "That was wonderful! I loved the smiles and the waving was absolutely perfect!"

"Why didn't you tell us the wheels would burst into flames?" I whisper/yell at Effie who keeps a grin on her face.

"Must have forgot." She smiles and pulls both Wells and I into the elevator to go to our floor. Each district gets a floor. The elevator is closing when when a hand stops it. The doors open again and Lexa walks in with Lincoln.

Effie looks them up and down while Christopher smirks at me, "Evening." Lincoln says with a deep voice. His voice even sounds trained to make you shutter.