Disney Princes and all that jazz.

• Dedicated to every single one of you beautiful people!!!

Please read the authors note at the bottom, tis' very important!!

------------------

Sitting there at the counter of the little cafe, she doesn't think that life could have become more monotonous. It's the same routine everyday. She wakes up at nine to the familiar beeping of her alarm, gets washed and dressed by half past, eats a quick, boring breakfast and leaving the flat by ten. She's then heading to the lecture hall, arriving just in time to hear the professor begin talking about Edward the Confessor and the Battle of Hastings. It's over quickly, her scrawling notes in her notebook which is full to the brim of lecture notes, drawings, poems and ideas for stories for future reference.

After the lecture, she heads to the little cafe, that's hidden in one of the side streets by the university. It doesn't get many customers but it is just the right amount of quiet for her to just sit and think. But its times like this when she gives her brain the chance to catch up with her that she realises how bloody boring her entire life is. She grew up in a small town, it wasn't much and she spent most of her teen years wishing to be able to just leave and live.

Now she has left, but she isn't doing much living.

Sighing, she pulls her old, leather journal out of her bag. She takes it everywhere, not trusting to leave it in the flat all day. Grabbing a pen as well, she turns to her bucket list. It is full of the typical things, of course, such as go bungee jumping, go on a roadtrip across America and a bunch of others. Among the usual though there's things like publish a book, graffitti a wall, go out all night and not return until the next afternoon but then at the bottom of the page, the ink so dark showing that it has been scrawled over multiple times because it is the one she wants to happen the most out of the entire damn list. She doesn't care about bungee jumping or a roadtrip as longs as she meets the one person that makes her happy and in love.

When she was a lot younger, her mother explained love to her. She'll always remember this day despite being so young when it happened; it was raining, typical for Britain, and her and her mother were watching disney films. She had all of them, and today seemed like the perfect day for a marathon. Aladdin was currently playing, and it was coming up to the song that the film was most known for: "A Whole New World." This is the song that cements the fact that Aladdin and Jasmine are in love and it's portrayed through a look that Aladdin gives Jasmine. It would take a few years for her to completely and utterly understand what her mother said next but the words always stuck with her despit her being so naive and young. Her mother sits her down next to her after she has finished singing along to the power ballad, giggling widly whilst doing so. Once her mother calms her down enough for her to listen she says: "Darling, once you're a lot older you'll understand fully what I'm about to say. When you find a someone who looks at you like Aladdin looks at Jasmine or the way Prince Eric looks at Ariel - do not let them go. It's rare for someone to find someone who makes them feel happy, safe and so in love. I got lucky with your father, we were at the place at the right time. Make sure to find someone who looks at you like a Disney prince looks at their princess."

She shakes herself out of the memory, hit with the feeling of homesickness and the urge to phone her mother to talk for hours but she doesn't. She doesn't pick up her phone at all, she just leans back and closes her eyes wondering when she'll meet someone who looks at her like a disney prince and shakes her out of this routine she has herself stuck in. The next time she opens her eyes, her tea has gone cold and there is a group of four boys sat in the corner booth, laughing. She'd like to do that but life is a bitch and her schedule for lectures is almost completely the opposite of all her friends. That's one of the reasons why she comes here, she's mostly alone. She's okay with it though, she has a shit tonne of notes to get through before her Sociology lecture in an hour and a half.