XXII. A Flash of Sloth

"Good grief, could you just calm down, Nezuko?" Jotaro asked as Nezuko can be seen crying while wobbling the chocolate bar on her mouth.

"She's worried about what will happen to some people in here in the future." Madara said.

"Well, I can't blame you for that." Jotaro sighed.

"Just now joining us, Julius? Thanks for gracing us with your presence." Ferris said on Julius together with the other members of the mercenary team arriving at the scene.

"Please... You will tarnish my reputation. But I am not the man called "Julius." Let's see... Perhaps I shall go by "Juli." Even if it is temporary, a man with a knight's status must never lower himself to the rank of mercenary.

The man you see here is not Julius Juukulius, the knight, but a simple wanderer called Juli." Julius said.

"Juli? Sounds like it's your nickname for me." Anastasia said.

"Look at you, my son. Like a brat who assumes to be a good looking, irritating one when your crush is in front of you." Kenichi laughed.

"Hey, dad! I'm not that kind of person, you know!" Subaru whined and Pandora laughs at him.

"Is that how you look at your crush, my dear? Come on, show me how it is done." Pandora teased.

"Instead of helping me, you're worsening my looks in here!" Subaru said.

"A proper household's code of chivalry is a real pain, huh?" Ferris asked.

"What a joke." Subaru uttered.

"It seems you're doing better than I expected. How are you holding up?" Julius asked.

"Well, there were only some scratches! A little spit fixed them right up! What about you? Been busy writing apologies for going all-out on an amateur?" Subaru asked while swaying his hair as Julius did.

"I wasn't referring to that. I was talking about your scars of victory from the witchfiend subjugation. But I'm glad your wounds from before seem to have healed." Julius said and the two laughed and ended with a mocking cackle.

"I can tell the last one is not really a genuine laugh." Ram said.

"It's because they haven't apologized to each other yeeeeeet." Roswaal said.

"I want to know, where is Roswaal in this kind of situation?" Priscilla asked.

"Maybe he was relaaaaaxing at some random place?" Scorpio replied and this made some laugh.

"Imitating that shitty clown looking bastard, huh? You're disgusting." Jotaro said and Nezuko chuckles at him.

"Just appreciate my greatness at mocking someone, Jotaro-kun. Fufufufu!" Scorpio exclaimed.

"Greatness? My ass." Jotaro said.

"Thanks to our combined efforts, we managed to take down the White Whale. But it's not over yet. I have a score to settle with those Witch Cult bastards that picked a fight with me. Once that's done, the White Whale's subjugation will be complete." Subaru said.

"The Witch Cult is next!?" Mimi asked.

"Can we trust allegations that the White Whale and the Witch Cult are connected? We only came to serve as reinforcements for the White Whale's subjugation--" Tivey was stopped as Mimi bashes her staff to his head.

"What was that for?" Tivey asked.

"If you can't believe him, then you just need to believe me!" Mimi angrily said.