Liar-la in Gotham

Gotham was…. For lack of a better word, gothic. Whereas Paris with It's bright colours and cheerful demeanour cheers anyone up from even an akuma attack fairly fast, Gotham has a gritty feel to it. It's…. jaded. Yes! That's the word. And well, having a criminal in nearly every ally way doesn’t really help the case

"And here we have another puddle that may or may not be urine. My, that's the tenth one in the last fifteen minutes we are lucky tourists. And! If we get any luckier, we may even get to see... the sun " was whispered to her as though a tour guide was saying it. Marinette stifled her giggles into her hand.

"Minou, It's Gotham. What did you expect?" she whispers back. Her kitty has been doing this for the last fifteen minutes trying to make her laugh. She can't say he wasn’t succeeding.

"Well, no wonder the city needs them, the bats have their hands full." he commented idly watching curious as Nino pointed at a guy getting arrested.

Marinette squints her eyes at the criminal then to the establishment behind him. She tugs Adrien's shirt and points towards the bar.

"Is that…. " he mutters

"Jason's bar." Mari confirms then stares incredulously at the burgler.

"Huh….. He doesn’t even have his face broken. " Adrien mutters. The only reason Mari doesn’t elbow him is because he's right.

"Alright kids! That’s enough. We are going to be late for the exhibition unless we get going. " Mme Bustier ushered the class looking one last time at the first cop she saw in the city.

"-Of course the Waynes wanted to bring the Mona Lisa for the exhibition but with how there's always villains attacking those I thought it'd be better if they didn’t. " Lila proudly picked up from where she stopped bringing the class to listen to her yet again.

"The Waynes must like you a lot to listen to you like that huh." Alya supplies with a sly grin.

Marinette could tell where this was going. She knows Adrien does too. But, well, none of them would believe them if they told them the truth. After a while they just stopped trying and resigned themselves to do damage control.

"Well….. No, I shouldn’t say it." Lila turned to look away, averting her eyes as though She's shy all of a sudden. Marinette rolled her eyes.

"You can't just say that and not say anything!" Rose exclaimed. Holding onto Lila's hand. "What is it?"

"Well….. Damian Wayne and I… are like this." she hooked her indexes together to mean dating.

"But we don't want to tell anyone yet! So please don’t mention it to anyone!" she yelped convincingly. And of course all her classmates agreed readily. Who needs google when you have Lila Rossi (anyone with half a brain cell but let's not get into that right now)

"Of course not Lila you can count on us." Kim says slightly posturing.

"But can you count on her?" Marinette mumbles.

"What was that?" Alya asks her squinting.

"I said we've been walking forever! My feet are starting to hurt." she beams at Alya.

"We're almost there kids! Look there's the museum now! " Mme Bustier cut in before Mari and Alya could descend into another squabble about Lila. The two girls have been doing better, they don't talk about Lila when the girl wasn’t present, but that progress inevitability goes down the drain as soon as Lila comes in the picture .

*****

Despite being the most attacked/robbed Museum in the continental US, Gotham Museum of art and history actually has a lot of artifacts stored in it and none too cheap either. Their school decided it would be educational for them to visit the place, though, really, they practically live next to the Louvre.