Chapter 2: Track & Field Try-Outs

»»----- ♔ -----««

»»----- ♔ -----««

The eyes of the professor giving his presentation of the course's handbook were boring the life out of Park Jimin. He wanted to get up and leave but he couldn't. The first class of the day was Introduction to Business and lamentably, his major was Business Administration with a focus on Communication and Technology; and it was the orientation that had him bored to death. It wasn't his choice, it was the only major he could have if he wanted to be the better son. He would study business administration and hopefully inherit his father's large sports business.

"Read Chapters 10 and 16 for the first class next tuesday. That's it for today and welcome to this Introduction to Business Course. Class dismissed and have a nice day."

The professor turned off the projector and most of the students closed their notebooks. All Jimin did was sigh and organize his belongings before sprinting out of the classroom to his next class. Purposely, he avoided eye contact with any of the other students he did not know and walked fast to his next class that started in less than four minutes.

He was more than glad that his first day consisted of three classes. Finally, when the clock hit four in the afternoon, he was already dressed up in a red sports shoulder sleeved top and a pair of knee long blue sport shorts. Min Yoongi had just arrived back and comfortably dropped himself on the couch observing him with an indescribable gaze.

The older male analyzed his friend's body language. Inside his thoughts, he was comparing the difference between Jimin and Ji Hwan. They were completely different, why the hell would Jimin hate his twin brother so much? He's known Jimin for so many years and yet, he never knew the real reason why he hated Ji Hwan and vice versa.

"I have try outs for the track and field team in two hours, do you want to go?"

Jimin sat at the entrance while tying up the laces of one pair of his running shoes specifically used for practice. He was a little nervous but he'd never admit it. First, he was assured he would make the team, and second, Park Ji Hwan was forbidden to join the team because of his own practices in the South Korean Track & Field's Gu Hyeon League Team (one of the many leagues that trained men and women for Olympic Games and for National representations in and out of South Korea). Fortunately for him, that wasn't his goal yet.

"I have work to do... I want to sleep in early today, might as well enjoy it while it lasts." Yoongi closed his eyes for a few seconds and heard the low disapproving grumble of his friend. Well, there goes the three extra hours of sleep he wanted to have. "I'll go... But if we meet a Kim Seokjin on the way, I will kill you if you accept the invitation to his first day party tonight."

Oh, how could he forget. He definitely disliked the loud parties his friend Kim Seokjin threw, especially the random ones and today was the first official one. Now, he could only threaten his friend Jimin into not accepting the invitation (surely coming his way soon) because he had a feeling Kim Seokjin was especially fond of inviting the freshmen of the campus; and he so had a thing for athletes. Hence, he was foreshadowing the certain elder male inviting all the boys trying out in the track.