CHAPTER FIVE

LAMENTATION CHAPTER FIVE ❝YOU MAY BE GONE FROM MY SIGHT

LAMENTATION
CHAPTER FIVE
YOU MAY BE GONE FROM MY SIGHT...BUT YOU ARE NEVER GONE FROM MY HEART.

♧ ♧ ♧

ELISE COULDNT BELIEVE HER EYES STEPPING INTO THE HOSPITAL ROOM, ALL THE TUBES AND WIRES IT FELT SURREAL.

Dawn's face was paler than usual and her perfect platinum blonde hair was stained red with her blood, Hank hadn't left her side refusing to leave just in case she awoke.

Although looking at her extensive level of injuries and the fall she took it seemed highly unlikely that she would.

Elise was many things and hopeful was never one of them, she likes to say that hope is for suckers.

she once had hope that her bestfriend would return and that never happened, it ruined the whole aspect of the word.

her lip trembled as she sat beside the bed careful of all of the tubes and wires, Elise was hesitant but after a few seconds Dawn's cold hand was in her palm.

"hey you gotta wake up now, I can't handle all of the children on my own... especially Hank." The poor attempt at a joke only made the situation much sadder.

A lonesome tear fell from Elise's face landing on the back of Dawn's hand it followed with a sniffle and a choked sob "I-I just got you back."

The EKG beeps in rhythmic patterns a good sign that she was still alive and kicking, Hank was sitting on a chair slumped over he was exhausted.

"do you remember that day when I had come to town with my father, you saved me from embarrassment..."

Mark Brown was an elusive CEO for a large and well known company that transported weapons for the military, sometimes it was illegal but no one had figured that out yet.

it was a cover for his alter ego, Valadis roughly translated to 'the dead' despite this he preferred to help people.

It also came with a range of powers that included Fire Manipulation, Chaos Manipulation and Telekinesis.

Unfortunately, he's repetitive desire to move around meant dragging his 14 year old daughter Elise with him. her mother died on her 3rd birthday.

Elise was extremely shy and mostly kept to herself at that age she wasn't able to keep friends for long which was extremely upsetting.

a cute little retro diner rested on the outside of this town where everyone would get together and hang, it was an attraction.

one evening a handsome boy sat in the booth with her wearing a smirk, "I'm Evan and you are my next girlfriend."

of course when this went down she hadn't noticed the group of people sitting in the back of the diner recording the meeting with smiles, "I-I'm Elise..."

they sat there for 20 minutes flirting back and fourth, Evan was trying to earn fifty bucks on a bet to see if he could make out with her in under an hour.

he moved into the seat next to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, "you're beautiful." she blushed unable to form a response to the compliments that kept coming.

the laughter in the back got louder but Elise was oblivious too trusting, he leaned forward and forced his lips onto hers.

she quickly felt a cold shiver run down her spine, it wasn't a good on either.

Elise nudged him with her shoulder creating a space between them, "no I don't want to..." she started sliding off the seat.

his large hand grabbed her wrist and pulled her back into a kiss, she squirmed under him tears spilling.

"get off of her, Evan." A pretty girl interrupted standing beside the booth.

"bugger off Dawn, we're just having some fun." this proved to be a mistake, Dawn grabbed his shoulder and ripped him from the booth.

she brings his head down onto her knee and tosses him aside, "don't touch a girl, she said no."

Elise watched him run away feeling a sense of relief crawl through her veins, Dawn glances at the helpless blonde girl and smiles clapping her hands.

"I'm Dawn and you my friend are coming with me."

the sound of muffled yelling breaks her from the memory, Elise stands and exits the hospital room pulling them apart.

"give it a rest!" she was considerably smaller than the duo but a lot tougher and definitely scarier when angry.

"your going to get your shit together NOW! Dawn doesn't need you two fighting."

Dick's phone begins ringing and he walks away pressing the device to his ear, "Hank she is still in there, stay with her. help her"

the muscular man nods curtly and walks back into the hospital room.

"Elise, I'm going to find Rachel you coming?"

she glances back into the hospital room and nods immediately, "let's go find the sons of bitches who did this."