Chapter 1, June 14th, 2020

June 14th, 2020

Day one hundred and seventy-six in prison. I finally manage not to be bothered by the smell of the metal anymore. What bothers me more is the smell of Dina, the sweaty, terrifying woman who I have to work with every single day. She is about 10 inches taller than I and every time she looks down at me, she makes me feel as if I was a little toddler who couldn't be more annoying, when it's actually her who's getting on my nerves over and over again.
I'm grabbing a bunch of stinking laundry and throw it into the laundry machine, trying not to breath in their disgusting smell. "You don't have all day to be in here, chop-chop!" I jump by the sound of the sharp voice right into my ear and turn around, only to have to look into the face of the person I hate second-most in the world: our guard, Nick. Or how I call him (only in my head of course, even though sometimes I'm worried it'll slip out one day): Dick. If you now think the person, I hate the most was Dina, you couldn't be more wrong. To be honest, I really wish it was her, because the hate, the abhorrence, I feel for my worst enemy isn't even describable with words. In fact, it makes me wish that person suffer and die, and I'm usually someone who sees only the best in people and wants everybody to be happy. But who could judge me for feeling that way if they knew what really happened?