Chapter 4: Combe Carey pt. 2

Before I start, I have an important question. Would any of you all be interested in reading an original story of mine?
I found a draft for story on my old laptop and thought, "Hey, why not publish this?" Bad news is that the draft was on my old iPod, so I published it from that device...to a different wattpad account (I'm not even sure why I have multiple ones, I guess the other one is my personal, non-fandom account? Who knows). But if anyone is interested in reading it, I can tag that account so you can find the story. I'd love it if you choose to read it, but the decision is yours.
Also, I split this chapter into multiple parts just because I feel like I have a lot I want to say about Combe Carey, and there are some really great opportunities to write Locklyle scenes.
So here's part 2! Sorry it's short, but I feel like it was the best stopping point, and kept this chapter from getting too long. Part 3 will most likely follow shortly!

"No! Both of you - shut up!" George stopped his quarrel with Lockwood as they both looked at Lucy. The blood had drained from her face, her hands were pressed over her ears, her fingers were digging into her temples, and her teeth were clenched tightly. It looked as though someone was screaming in her ear. Which, according to Lucy someone was. "This is the Staircase! We need to get off it now." It was obvious Lockwood wouldn't ignore such a strong warning, especially coming from her. He grabbed her hand, reassuring her that they would get her to the bottom, and that maybe that would make the noise stop. Lockwood flinched, and George soon did to. The screaming, which was loud to the two of them, must have been unbearably loud for Lucy. Lockwood was shouting "Down!" but George could barely hear him. The three of them ran down the stairs, and despite being in mortal peril, he had to grin a little bit at the fact that Lockwood and Lucy never let go of each other.

When the trio tumbled into the room at the bottom of the stairs, Lockwood grabbed George and Lucy. "Find the Source!" He shouted. The staggered their separate ways. As the monks closed in on him, George drew his rapier and began swinging wildly. Sparks flew occasionally as the weapon collided with the wall. The screaming eventually became overpowering, and he fell to his knees. Through squinted eyes, he saw Lucy, walking closer to the well until she teetered on the edge of it. George was too far away to do anything about it, and he could only watch as she leaned forward...

And a pair of arms wrapped around her waist, keeping her from falling, pulling her away from the abyss. The knot of tension in George's stomach unraveled as he watched them. Lockwood appeared to say something to Lucy that George couldn't make out. All he could see was Lockwood and Lucy, embracing one another as the wailing continued. It seemed as though the ghost lock on Lucy broke, and the two of them stepped away and began working frantically, Lucy digging for matches and Lockwood retrieving the industrial strength explosive. He watched as Lockwood sliced away the fuse so the explosion would happen faster. He watched Lockwood kick the chains and seals into the well and take the now-lit canister from Lucy and shout for her to run. George saw Lucy stumble backwards, but she didn't leave like Lockwood instructed her to. He saw Lockwood drop the Greek Fire down the well, and he saw him turn to face Lucy. He saw the terror on Lockwood's face when he saw that Lucy was in danger from the explosive. He watched his friends make eye contact as Visitors swept around them, and then he saw the world explode in a burst of light.