Chapter 8~What's With Him?

*Shawn's P.O.V.*

"Tell me when they drive into the driveway!" I screamed to Aaliyah, running towards the bathroom. "I gotta pee!"

"Okay!" She screamed back, laughing a little.

I have been looking out the kitchen window for the last hour, just waiting for Sofie and her family to drive up to Darci's house. For her birthday, which was about two and a half days away, I was planning to take her to her favorite restaurant. Then, we'd go somewhere special, and I'd give her the present of a lifetime...but I still need to buy it.

"She's here!" Aaliyah yelled.

"Be right there!" I yelled back, washing my hands super quick and sprinting out of the bathroom.

I could see Sophie getting out of the car as I opened the front door. She was facing the opposite direction, so I ran up behind her and gave her a big hug, spinning her around.

"I missed you!" I exclaimed, setting her down.

"Awww! I missed you too!" She squeaked, stepping up onto her tippy-toes to give me a peck on the lips.

"I'll let you get unpacked and settled in. Text me when your done visiting and you can come over." I said, hugging her one more time.

"Okay." She nodded, watching me walk back over to my house.

As soon as I saw Sofie go inside, I grabbed the car keys and announced that I'll be back. I didn't want Sofie to know I was leaving, but I think I was able to leave the street without her seeing. On my way to the store, I couldn't help but shove the butterflies in my stomach away. I can't really deal with them right now.

For the last year, I KNEW I wanted to get this for Sofie for her upcoming, 19th, birthday. I've been to this store everyday for the last month now, so the ladies there all know me and what I'm looking for. Sofie's parents and my parents already know about my present to her, and fortunately, Sofie's parents were thrilled by the idea.

I parked the car in the same spot I've been parking in for the past month, and walked shakily into Tiffany&Co. Just knowing that today was the today that I would be buying it made my head spin.

--------------------------------------------
*Sofie's P.O.V.*

My phone buzzed with a text from Shawn. Pulling it out of my pocket, I read the text.

Shawn: Can you come over yet? It's been an hour and a half!

Me: Yeah, let me ask.

"Mom, can I go over to Shawn's?" I asked.

"Sure." She replied, resuming her conversation with my aunt, while my dad and my uncle were engaging in conversation about politics at the kitchen table.

Running to the guest room to grab my coat, I slid it on over my sweater as I ran back to the front door. I put on my boots before running across the street. Knocking a couple times on the door, David answered.

"Hey kid!" He exclaimed, embracing me in a hug.

"Hi! How's it goin?" I smiled, returning the hug, then taking my shoes off.

"Not to bad. Just trying to stay alive in the cold." He joked.

"I can't even imagine living here in the winter!" I thought aloud, hanging my coat on one of the hangers in the closet.

"Sofie?" Michelle spoke up, walking out from the kitchen.

"Hi!" I cheered, giving her a big hug.

"I thought I heard your voice out here." She smiled, returning the hug.

"Where's Shawn?" I asked.