Chapter Four

"Sersh's class is until 1:30, right?" Timmy asks Flo while judging his burger.

"Yeah." She replies.

"Why isn't she here? I'm getting hungry."

"Then go eat. Your food's in front you, Timmy." She replies after rolling her eyes at him.

"You're so mean." Timmy pouts.

"And so are you," Saoirse says, shocking both Timmy and Florence.

"Thank God you're here. Flo is so mean to me." He baby talks.

Saoirse ignores Timmy. "What did you get me?" She asks Flo instead.

"Two burgers." She beams at her.

"Oh thank God. So hungry."

"Where did you go?" Timmy interrupts in an annoyed voice.

"Nowhere."

"Why are you guys being so judge-y and mean-y to me right now?" Timmy asks.

"Why don't you go ahead and ask yourself the same thing?" Saoirse challenges her best friend.

"Did I do something wrong? For what I can remember, what I did the whole weekend is just eat, sleep, repeat."

"You think you're being funny?" Saoirse is all serious now and Timmy's kind of scared of her when she is like this. He doesn't like angry Saoirse.

"What did I do then? Someone enlighten me, please?"

"Wow, I can't believe I have this naive and jerk of a friend. I really hate you right now, Timmy." She fishes for her phone on her bag and scrolls through it, clearly looking for something.

"Here. Jerk." Saoirse hands him her phone. On it is a series of a screenshot from his conversation with Armie on Instagram last weekend.

"If you'll say something, please don't."

"But I—"

"And oh, Armie also told me everything that happened. Every single detail of it. And don't tell me that I shouldn't trust his story and I should listen to your side as well because damnit Timmy. I believe him and I know he won't lie about what happened. He won't go change details just to make himself look good. He is not that kind of guy. He is not the kind of guy who will go 'whatever' if this happened to them. He is hurting and angry and so am I."

"Sersh"

"Don't Sersh me right now. I told you multiple times that he is a good guy. If you at least care enough about him, just shush. Heck, you've been eyeing the guy for years then this is what you did? What are you, afraid of commitment?"

"YES! Yes, I am. I'm so afraid of committing to someone but I'm most afraid of committing and giving in my full self to him! I can't lose him." Timmy surrenders. He is in fault here, he knows.

"You do know you can't lose someone that is not yours in the first place, right?" Flo butts in.

"I know. But I just can't commit to him just like that. It's like he is snapping his fingers at me. He is not even second-guessing his decision. It's so easy for him to say 'let's go out, I like you' so it also means it will be easy for him to let go once he is done with me. Why start something that will hurt you in the long run?"

"That's your excuse? Can you hear how dumb you sound right now? Say goodbye to your Latin honor dreams because you officially lost your mind. Totally."