Dosa-A beginning of new eraUntitled Part 1

Idly's hometown had now started missing him dearly. With changing times, many new entrants, the likes of Upmas, Appams, Idiappams and Parottas tried to allure the towners.Though they were all instant hits, none could hold the fort for long.These new guys were regarded as charmers, but unlike Idly, they couldn't befriend people of all social stature.Devoid of a common man's breakfast, people resorted to seek help of Mr. Black gram & his wife Ms. Rice. The couple, as much as they wanted to help their folks, they couldn't think of anyone who could fill in the dent created by Idly's absence. Listening to this conversation and looking at her parent's dilemma, 'Dosa', Idly's sister, rose to the occassion and committed herself to bring back smiles on many grimmed faces. The villagers felt a sigh of relief, but none knew, how much of justice would Dosa be able to do. This news soon reached the ears of Idli, who was now travelling to far away lands. As soon as he heard of his sister, his heart was filed with mixed emotions, he was elated to know how matured and responsible his kid sister had got. On another side, he was worried of her well being, he knew it wouldn't be easy to stand against the strength of the parota or the crooked Idiappam or even the sycophant Upma. As the best brother, that he was, he immediately sent his cousin Chutney back to their home town. Chutney was entrusted with the task of staying by their kid sis- Dosa and ensure that she is secured in her new endeavour. It wasn't long before, people put Dosa to the grind. She was tested at various times, sometimes as breakfast, sometimes as a mid day snack and even during dinner. To everyone's utter surprise, she came out with flying colors. She was so adept, that no challenge felt big for her. Unlike, her brother Idly who is a man who of values, Dosa was dynamic. She was honest, yet ready to embrace changes. Her charisma, soon attracted many friends, Potato was one among her many pals. He was in so much of awe for his new friend-Dosa, that he didn't mind being distorted, just to be in her embrace. Their bonding was at the epitome of friendship within the culinary world. Chutney, stood by his cousin in every juncture, just like the way he stood by Idly's side all through. Another young damsel, who became good friends with Dosa, was Semolina. Ms. Semolina would dissolve herself, just to let her friend Dosa, stay crisp. This trio of Dosa, Potato and Semolina was the new genre of friends. Everytime, they came together, it was a culinary treat for the people around them. They were fondly referred as Rawa Masala Dosa.People who once grieved at the absence of Idly in their lives, were now glee with Dosa's entry. She became the talk of the town and just like her brother Idly, her mere presence would add life to various occasions.She too decided to follow the foot steps of her brother and shackle the geographical boundaries. Chutney, having been the part of Idly's success journey, used his experience and guided Dosa to etch her own mark. Courtesy of Idly's popularity, and Dosa being his sister, it was relatively easier for her to win people's acceptance. However, she didn't take anything for granted, she toiled hard to earn her own identity. She would mend herself to fit the likes of everyone, she had to put on extra weight to please some, whilst some liked her to stay thin and crisp. She accepted every demand and went by her promise of pleasing everyone from a connoisseur to a pauper. Once she joined her brother's family, her sis-in-law, Sambhar welcomed her with open arms and did everything to ensure her success multiplied many folds. Idly was a happy man, to see this bonding of love and compassion, between his sis and his soul mate.Dosa's friends Potato and Semolina were also, welcomed dearly by Idly and Sambhar.At certain times, when Dosa wanted to rest, Idly would team up with Semolina, offering a unique Rava Idly. On some occasions, Potato teamed up with Sambhar for yet another extravaganza. All this time, Chutney like a true gentlemen that he was, stayed with this extended family and never demanded for any attention. He would silently offer his duty and ensured Idly and Dosa always received his support. He would go the extra mile and compensate for Sambhar's absence on certain instances. This family of Idly, Dosa, Sambhar & Chutney along with their friends Potato and Semolina created magic everywhere they went. Till date, they keep upgrading themselves and never let their patrons get bored of them. Together, they set examples to the world on how honesty, values, innovation and a penchant to improve, will keep you ever youthful.