Dies Irae

WARNING: MENTION OF SUICIDE, MENTION OF HOMICIDE, MENTION OF SELFHARM AND BLOOD, MENTION OF EATING DISORDER, MENTION OF MENTAL ILLNESS (WE'RE IN A PSYCH WARD, DUH), BLOOD, MENTION OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, MILD MENTION OF SEXUAL ABUSE, IT'S KINDA SLOW BURN

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T KNOW HOW A PSYCH WARD WORKS. THIS IS ALL FICTION, SO I GUESS IT IS OKAY, IF I DON'T KNOW EVERY LITTLE DETAIL. I DON'T MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE! ALSO IT PLAYS IN THE BETHLEM ROYAL HOSPITAL, JUST BECAUSE IT IS THE FIRST PSYCH WARD THAT CAME UP ON GOOGLE.

THE QUOTES ARE SONG LYRICS. SO HERE IS THE LIST IF SOMEONE IS INTERESTED IN LISTINING TO THE SONGS. ♥

1. Anathema by Twenty one Pilots
2. Nitesky by Robot Koch
3. Please Friend by Twenty one Pilots
4. The Wisp Sings by Winter Aid
5. The Night We Met by Lord Huron
6. Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me by Elton John
7. Good Side by Troye Sivan

26k words

----------------------------------

You will never know, what's behind my skull
So won't you say goodnight, so I can say goodbye?
You will never know, what's under my hair
So won't you say goodnight, so I can say goodbye?
You will never know, what's under my skin
So won't you say goodnight, so I can say goodbye?
You will never know what is in my veins
So won't you say goodnight so I can say goodbye?

-----------------------------------

It was a cliché. It was dark, it was raining. We drove through a forest while the rain was so heavy that you couldn't hear anything else but it. It was autumn, cold. We were so far away from the city that no radio station worked. Always just this static noise. The cab driver cursed because he couldn't see anything but the rain. The social worker in the passenger seat turned off the annoying radio until he turned around to me.

I sat in the middle of the back seat and watched every little movement. I was tired and had absolutely no desire to see what was at the end of this car ride.

"We'll be there in five minutes, Dan." Ben, my social worker, let me know, and I swallowed hard, so I looked out the window. I also tried to turn around, looked out the back window, but there was no other car in sight. Nothing but darkness and rain.

Suddenly the steady driving straight ahead came to an end when the cab driver turned the turn signal to the right on and we were driving along a paved road and after a short time a sign appeared: Bethlem Royal Hospital. A nice name for a madhouse.

A short time later we arrived at a huge building and the car stopped. It was surrounded by a wall and generally looked like something out of a psycho thriller. Maybe it was also because of the darkness and the rain. I put on my hood and accompanied Ben, who had taken my travel bag from the trunk. He smiled at me briefly.

He rang the bell while we waited at the huge, locked gate and after he introduced himself briefly, we were let in. We had to climb some stairs until we were in the dry. I crossed my arms while following Ben, who was directly intercepted by an older woman.

He introduced himself and me and explained everything to her. I looked around, inspecting the flowing floor, the dirty white of the walls. It smelled like a hospital.

"I want a documentary every week about his well-being and progress." I heard Ben say, as I brushed the hood off my head. I could see the wet footprints we had left.

A young guy took my travel bag and waited next to the older woman who seemed to be the head of the institution. Then Ben turned to me and smiled at me almost sadly