CHAPTER one

"If we are not mistaken then there has been massive awakening of vampires since the past couple of years . We ignored it before but now the situation has gotten out of hand , these unholy creatures keep on increasing . Our sources tells us that there are six of us against fifty of them in other words if they keep this pace then it would in less than ten years when they take upon our world . Undoubtedly it would bring our species to an end .

To bring the situation in control ,

We're afraid that it would result in changing of some of our laws that follows:

1. Mating age has been reduced from twenty to now seventeen for the alpha's children .

2. It is compulsory to attend gathering for all unmated female and male alpha's children who come into legal age .

3. The novice will patrol on the weekend basis with their assigned pack by the respective alpha.

4. Alpha blood children will become alphas after being mated and would be soon shifted to the respective patrolling areas as suitable

To conclude we have held this year gathering in sandalwood town , owned by alphas : the James , the Wedgwood , the Smiths, the sherman and the Monroe.

Head Alpha
Anderson Wiley"

I blinked my eyes , and stared again at the square sheet of paper in my hand . I have read it straight for ten minutes again and again but the meaning remained the same , oh how I wished what I read was a lie.
This was the part that I had been dreading since I was a little girl . Just before those awful ten minutes I was wondering that I still have three more years to live my life to the fullest. But it looked like the moon goddess wanted to make my life as miserable as she possibly could.

Not even once in my seventeen years of life did I had vicious thoughts about being a werewolf, serving an alpha pair, saving humans and killing vampires . In fact I was always ready for that .
But along with the desire to serve my alphas , the idea of being mated with an unknown beta haunted me.

You see, my parents were beta of the Monroe alphas,
so indeed I had beta blood.

I knew there would be the gathering one day in which daughter of our alpha would choose her mate . But I was not ready for the gathering, the fucking gathering to be today!.

*******
I woke up to the sound of knocking on my room's door. "come in" I half yelled sleepily .

Kate emerged from the door . She looked pretty as always but now with silk dress that hugged her petite frame ,she looked like a goddess. She blinked her blue eyes, an incredulous look took over her pale face.

" oh no, is this the moment you come out and say that you had a crush on me since eighth grade."
I faked an horrified expression.

She rolled her eyes ." you do realize this is a big day for us..... and we should be together in it . I know you're terrified with idea that you'll spend you're entire life with a beta whose alpha I will choose. And I would hate myself forever for that. " she admitted. Her eyes were shining with unshed tears . I opened my arms and she walked a few steps and hugged me tightly.
" I will not let you cry , you know how bad I am with fixing make-up" at that she chuckled remembering something , I smiled.