CHAPTER four

He looked at her from the corner of his eyes: her chin dipped down and long dark hair veiled her face from his view. Keeping one hand on steering wheel , he reached his other to tuck her hairs behind her ear ; but as soon as he did , he blinked knowing he wasn't supposed to do that.

She tensed; her chin still down as she ran her fingers through her hairs . Drawing in a deep breath she looked ahead , observing the surrounding.  

It was dark now and the only sources of light were the car's headlights and the full moon's glow. He clenched his jaw . Hard. Though he were used to pain that felt like sharp needles running in his veins , whenever there was full moon, but that didn't mean that it was not gruesome. He sure as hell didn't enjoy neglecting his body's natural urge to shift.

Finn again stole a glance at the girl who sat beside him . Her eyes still locked on the windshield but he knew she wasn't quite starting at it. He cleared his throat to get her attention. Cora flinched.

"Everything okay...?"  

" yeah .... everything's okay" she said softly as  her brown eyes met his blue ones ; starring at him way longer than usual.

"Do you like any girl here?" She said changing the subject .

"No, they all are childish and annoying." He crinkled his nose in disgust. 

" What about Kate? , you do know who she is right? . Let me show you her picture, " She fished in the non-existent pockets of her t-shirt- his t-shirt , only to realise that it was not her clothes that she were wearing , worse than that -her phone was gone.

" What the actual fuck...!"

Finn frowned. " What's wrong?"

"It's my phone, must've dropped when I shifted. Can you please stop the car ?"

The car skid to a stop and Cora struggled with opening the car's door . Finn sighed as he pressed some button, making the doors open vertically. 'Show off' Cora mouthed to him as she got off, pulling her t-shirt down.
She started walking aimlessly around as he joined her.

"Why don't you ask for my phone and call your number just like any logical human." He stated .