𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆

☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎☁︎

The sun shone brightly up in the blue sky. Quirin thought it would be a perfect day to work on building his garden. All the me of what happened in the past had ruined his garden. Even though he was working hard on it, and frequently had Varian's help. Speaking of which, he hasn't seen his son since this morning. Quirin grew worried as to where his son might be. He was about to take a trip up to the city of Corona. When he saw his son running to him. When he got to his father he was out of breath.

"Dad..dad.. Cassie is back! She's back!" Varian exclaimed once he got his breathing controlled. He smiled ear-to-ear. Clearly he still had a huge crush for the older women. As long as he was happy.. Quirin really didn't mind. He grew to trust his son, and let him make decions for himself. "That's great son! Would you like to visit Corona later on today? Maybe say hello to the queen and king?"

Rapunzel and Eugene worked hard being the new rulers. But they always made time for their friends. They both made a secret pact to do so. And to never forget what happened years ago at that storm-and what happened with Cassandra. They swore nothing like that would ever happen ever again!

"Sure! But I'm going to help you with the garden today dad." He grabbed a bucket, surprisenly easily. Quirin had to admit his son looked more muscular now. But he would always be a child, no matter what age he was. Quirin let out a gentle chuckle. "Okay son, I will admit I am getting old..." he grabbed a bucket also, and together the two made their way to the garden. It wasn't a very big walk. But it was enough to tire Quirin out. "Are you okay dad?"

Varian asked Quirin once they set the water buckets down. He wiped his sweaty forehead. Quirin nodded and sat down on a chair he put there. Mainly for himself. "I'll be fine, once I get some rest son. You go ahead and start without me."

A few minutes passed by and Quirin's eyes slowly closed tight. Varian turned around to ask his dad something. When he saw his dad was asleep. "Oh dad.." he whispered, a small smile plastered on his face. A scream filled the air, and before Varian knew it something was falling to the ground, ready to land on Quirin's head. And on instinct Varian reached up as if to grab the object. But it lit up, a light blue colour and stopped falling.

The young man panicked once he learned. He had powers! He set the object down safely on the ground, his breath hitched as he examined his hands. "What the heck?" He whispered to himself. His heart raced a mile a minute, if anyone found out-if his dad found out.. no.. he wouldn't allow it!

"If anyone knows what just happened.. It's Rpaunzel.." Varian leant down to kiss his father's forehead. "I'll be back soon dad. Don't worry. .." And so he treked all the way to Corona. Once he made it to the bridge he stopped for a few seconds. Catching his breath as he walked into Corona, the town's people waved and called out to him. But he just ignored everyone and everything.

Having only one goal in mind. He was rushing through the crowds so much that he tripped and fell to the ground. "Need a hand?" A voice asked standing over the young man. Varian looked up to see Cassandra. "Hey, Cassie I was going to come see you later. And yes please.." He graciously grabbed her extended hand and with her help stood up. "Thanks."

"Your welcome, how have you been? And why were you in such a rush?" Cassandra dusted dome dust off of Varian's shoulder. Making him blush a light pink. "O-oh.. I was just on my way to see the queen-I mean Rapunzel .. heh, I will never get used calling her that.." Cassandra smiled "you don't need to hurry then, I'll take you!" She grabbed his wrist and started to walk to the castle.

The shadow was like a big, intimidating bully. It sent a shiver down Varian's spine as he remembered the past. For just a moment, he saw his younger self run out. Then he was gone. The two walked in quietly. "I can't wait to see Raps again." Cassandra mumbled.

"Yeah..  me too." It's gonna be a long day.. Varian thought to himself.

/766 words\