『1』

It all started a few years ago.

" The equation \-x+sqrt1−x2\-=sqrt2(2x2−1) gives us a set of consecutive parts on the data..."

All I could do was stare slack-jawed at the new student. Students in the room were snickering, doodling, or just plain rolling their eyes. But I was amazed. Even the teacher dropped his chalk.

When the bell rings, they all rushed out like coyotes.All that was left of the room was me and the smart one, who disappeared the moment next.

The familiar sound of silence sends sheer ringing in my ears, until my bey's voice spoke. She had been desperate for a word with me.

"(y/n), do you think there is more for us to achieve?" And Alyria was gone.

Nowadays people had reached their limits in blading. when you've reached your maximum level, got everything, beat the game, and it's just.. over.

I slowly walk my way outside, holding a tight feeling of fear in my chest. A fast blur crashes into me and Alyria is knocked to the ground.

"Ah, sorry (y/n)!" A young boy apologizes with a hand at the back of his head. "Have you seen my friend?"

"Your friend?" I ask, bending down to pick up my bey. He didn't give much specification. Then he blows on the specification.

"White braid over his left shoulder, purple eyes, about yay tall, wears white and gray loose clothing and owns a bey named Genesis that looks super awesome, thought he had made part Dragon and part Apocalypse-"

"Oh Dante. I don't know who's Gwyn," I reply, though most of it was meant to cut him short.

"Then you will!" He exclaims as he pulls my hand, forcing me to run in his pace. Which is super fast. Something small in the distance comes to view, and Dante speeds up to my horror.

"Gwyn!" He calls. "I need you to help me-"

"I'm heading home," His friend responds.

So that was him? that friend of Dante's was the class genius?

Dante's face starts to turn red at what seemed like a rejection, but I pat him twice on the head gently. Immediately calmed, he mumbles to himself a question.

"What did I come to Gwyn for?"

I smiled.

Later that day Gwyn was daydreaming near the lake, writing complicated math equations on the ground. He looked up at me and stood up.

"So you're good with Dante?"

I nodded, confused, and gestured to the ground full of dirt. How he never got his white clothing dirty I'll never know.

"What's all this for? I hear you were a blader."

Gwyn bends down to pick up his bey.

"You want to know, huh..." he pondered in thought. "Come with me."