The five families of Magirs (by Jason, flashback)

edited by CoughCoughing  

It's very easy to guess that mortals, those common and normal, the present inhabitants of the Earth are not as lonely as they would like to think. They have inconspicuous but much more powerful dark and light magirs. I am going to tell you about the last remaining ones...

There are five of the ancient large magir families in our hidden city of Luxard. Oh, don't bother to look for this place on maps, you'd never find it. Our magic is old and powerful, and every day it's getting stronger.

The most wealthy and powerful among the white magirs are Highthrones, the ancient royal family, which had been ruling the Light magir's city, Luxard since its foundation, thousands and thousands of years ago. It includes, of course, The Great Light King, his Queen and a big family with a few Princes and Princesses, the High Council and almost all secondary governors. They all had the same surname, Highthrones. Their family crest is a diamond, a strong, beautiful, and expensive stone. They wear shining golden cloaks and thoughtful expressions on their smart faces. 

Another the most ancient and I what I believe to be the strongest of the five families are the Firesteels, they are more than my family, they're my life. We are worriers, soldiers, sportsmen, commanders and police, the main force of protection for Luxard. We are the city's shield and sword. We pledge our lives for its safety and peace. Firesteels are the bravest, the strongest, and the fastest, our symbol is fire, our fortune is steel. We wear bright silver and white armour with purple-red cloaks, as it is easy to guess, fresh blood is unnoticeable on the red cloth.

Some of our best men, who chose the duty over family, bear arms on the Portals throughout their lives. We call our world the Middle Kingdom, meaning the place of Magir's inhabitance, which is hidden from mortal's eye. It's located between the world of mundane people and the Dark Magic world, full of demons and spirits. The entrance to the worlds is a tall gate of fire, like a portal, from our magir's world, the Middle Kingdom, and one to the land of Demons. The Gates are much more than ancient enchanted silver gates, which are constantly guarded by our patrols. These gates literally lead to Hell, to the endless dark labyrinth full of terrors and horrors. Sometimes those mysterious dreadful creatures breakthrough The Gates and come to the Middle Kingdom and even to the world of Mortals. But we, the white magirs, are not the closest neighbours to the world of dark magic, on the contrary, we are the closest to the Mortal people. Right after the endless labyrinth and behind The Gates there is a world of dark magirs, another magic race, which is, unfortunately, not friendly to us. There is a wind that blows, helping the darks (dark spirits) pass through the Gates of Hell and to our world. Dark magirs are bad the guys, who raise demons and cause lots of troubles for good guys like us, light or white magirs. Every Firesteel child of Luxard knows if you meet a dark, you must fight him to the death – better his, than yours of course. So needless to say, that when we meet we don't speak or hesitate, just go straight to the fighting.

We defend the honour of the Light King Argos and Darks – the name of the Black Queen. To tell the truth, I don't know her name. Only a few have survived her wrath and the veterans that have, remember the battles and condemn it like a curse.

The third place among all great light families is shared between two clans, the Dragonwoods and the Ironwills. Jokingly called cats and dogs, because they fight with each other like such. It's constant competition with a long-lived feud of death, fights and slander, it's worse than a curse and no one can reconcile them.

The Dragonwoods are our strong sorcerers, they create amazing miracles and control nature, they can also speak with trees and animals. But the Ironwills, our genial scientists, don't believe in magic at all, they trust only a cold logic and solid facts. In their opinion, all miracles could be explained by chemistry and physic. And a miracle is just an ordinary event, the reason why is unknown because it hasn't been discovered by science. Furthermore all the Dragonwoods, in their clever eyes, are no more than a bunch of charlatans, who play very cheap tricks with hands and portions.