In Silence

He met her in 2014 for a commercial shoot, the first time he saw her, he could not help but gasp at how beautiful she was. Her skin is as smooth as porcelain, shining in the sun. Her lips plump and pink. Her raven black hair framing her face and running down her back, the sun shining off her hair made it look silky, causing her brown eyes to stand out, making her look fragile and delicate. She looked so innocent and beautiful. Her name was Seo Ye Ji.

He tried to approach her but he felt something he rarely felt take over nervousness. He does feel nervous but never to a point it messes with his mind and he hesitates to speak or break the ice. She looked up and stood up, smiling at him, he felt his lips turn into a perfect ‘O’. He was stunned.

She greeted him, making him even more stunned. Her voice was deep and soothing, a voice you could never get tired of. He mumbled some words which he could not make sense of and he took a seat beside her. He could hear his heart pounding.

She was smiling, no beaming, brighter than the sun. He caught himself staring at her again, in awe and wonder. Something was wrong with him, he cleared his throat and made some odd noises to wake himself up.

After countless takes, NGs and tries they finally wrapped up filming for the CF. The director kept teasing him, “Soohyun-shii please remember you do not need to kiss Ye Ji-shii”

He was embarrassed and she laughed nervously. He could sense she felt a little flustered with the remark so he tried his best to make her comfortable in whatever way he could.

The shooting felt long yet extremely short at the same time, soon they were packing up and bidding their farewells to each other. She went around the set and thanked everyone, her face lit up whenever she approached a crew member and their reaction reflected hers. Finally, she walked back to the main set area and he approached her, thanking her for her hard work and they bid their goodbyes before going on their way.

They crossed paths again in 2015 at the KBS Drama Awards. Clad in a simple yellow dress hugging her slender body perfectly, emphasizing her curves, with her hair in a messy bun. She was shining brightly. With a sharp intake of breath, he adjusted his sitting position and hoped no one heard or saw him. She looked even more beautiful than he remembered her to be. A smile braced his handsome face, she was nervous, extremely nervous, but she kept her composure and delivered the script. She was starring in a new drama which he could not wait to watch, she smiled as she finished announcing the winner and presented the award.

He did not even remember the category nor the winner, his eyes were solely on her. Despite the glaring lights and the countless people surrounding him and on the stage, he could only see her. As she left the stage, the further she walked off, Soo Hyun craned his neck to get the last glimpse at her before she completely walked off the stage.

“Why? Why are you smiling so widely? Are you that happy with the couple award?” Cha Tae Hyun asked jokingly, patting him on the back.

“Ah yes. I feel great.” He said smiling.

He kept fidgeting, hoping she did not leave the venue before the next commercial break, he wanted to see her, catch up with her. His prayers were answered and soon they announced a commercial break, he rushed out of the hall and into the backstage area and started looking for her dressing room or hoping to see her along the hallway.

He was greeted by various seniors and juniors whom he was extremely glad to greet and run into. Some of them stopped him to chat with him a little, award shows were even more meaningful to them due to the fact that they got to meet other colleagues, seniors and
People working in the industry and mingled or to catch up with him.

After exchanging greetings and such, Soo Hyun walked down the hallway and found her dressing room, ‘SEO YE JI’. He knocked on the door several times but no response.

“Please excuse me while I come in.” He announced before opening the door.

His heart sank in disappointment, it was empty. The vanity table was empty and everything was clean, she and her team left. He was friends with Lee Hyun Woo whom he worked with for Secretly, Greatly. He was also the male lead in the drama and through him, he found out they had a hectic shooting schedule which means she probably had to rush back to the shooting location.