04|chapter 4

⭒❃.✮:▹𝗖𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗲 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸?◃:✮.❃⭒

"𝘗𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘺?"

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"You have nothing planned for the day miss." Trudy waltzed into Katerina's suite as she had just finished tightening her corset. She turned around, smiling at the young maid before nodding, "Of course Trudy. But you know my mother, she always has something planned for me." Katerina turned back to the mirror, lifting her dress over her head.

"Just like this marriage." She mumbled whilst the dress was halfway down her body, making it that no one could hear her. A knock on the door sounded making Trudy hurry over to Katerina to make sure her dress was on properly.

"Yes?" Katerina called out, admiring the silky texture of her dress as the door slid open, revealing Cal in his expensive tux. "Good morning sweet pea. How did you sleep?" Cal walked over to Katerina, kissing her neck whilst looking at her through the mirror.

Katerina cleared her throat, looking towards Trudy who was already making her way out of the room. "I slept as well as you could on a boat. And you?" Katerina replied, turning to Cal who had a smile on his face.

"I dreamt of you." He simply answered making Katerina flush a light pink. "Oh, good dreams?" She cleared her throat, walking to sit at the vanity set. "Very good," Cal followed behind Katerina, placing his hands on the back of the chair.

"Katerina," Cal started as she started to primp her hair. "Yes?" She muttered, glancing at him briefly through the small mirror. "I know you've been melancholy, and I don't pretend to know why." He straightened up, slipping a hand in the inside of his tux before pulling out a black velvet jewel case.

Katerina wanted to roll her eyes. This was probably the fifth time that Cal had tried to buy her happiness with gifts and yet hadn't realised that Katerina planned to get more moodier because of these pointless gestures.

Katerina forced a smile, taking the case in her shaking hands. "I intended to save this till the engagement gala next week. But I thought tonight, perhaps a reminder of my feelings for you..." Cal trailed off and watched as Katerina slowly opened the case seeing a pendant with a blue diamond in the shape of a heart.

Katerina gasped, knowing exactly what this piece of jewellery was. What she didn't know, is how Cal had gotten it. Yes, Cal was wealthy, but Katerina surely didn't think he was this wealthy.