Epigraph

One day, I woke up on a white sheet bed with a flower on the desk side, white ceiling, white wall.

Many people came in my hospital room, asking what I feel. Checking my condition if I feel dizzy, nauseous and other things that might go wrong in a human body. But I feel fine. Totally fine except from my head that continuously aching, like something hard is hammering my head.

Once the nurse finished her duty on checking my vitals and such, 4 persons wearing uniform come near on my bed.

"Good God! You are awake." the girl with a long black smooth hair said - Shan Prada. She held my hand comforting me and telling how she thankful that I'm alive and awake.

"I'm thirsty." I said with a morning voice. Hope that I don't have a morning glory and saliva stock outside my lips. My sight that was blurry a while ago starting to be clear now. I can now see their faces with a pity look. I rolled my eyes. Their pity is the last thing I need right now.

"Please take off that look, I'm not dying." a boy with a round face handed me the glass with a straw - Bryan. I sip it in and savor the coldness of the water. It feels like its been a year since I drink water.

"Alam mo ba kung ilang araw kang tulog? Hindi, buwan. Month is the right term." a guy with a glass said - Jun. He look at my state with disgusts that the idea of me sleeping for months disgusts him but the concern and delight are still visible in his eyes.

"Unfair, puyat kami ng ilang araw dahil sa school tapos ikaw exams lang?" I don't have any idea what Bryan says. My head is still pounding but more tolerable than a while ago.

Months, I've been slept for months. How many months? One? Two? I don't know but I want to go back at sleep until this pounding inside of my head gone.

"Says by the guy who always have 8 hours of sleep. Nice try." A girl with a serious face spoke, sitting at the couch in front of my bed - Ceres. She smiled at me when our eyes met then grin at Bryan when the guy give her a menacing look.

"Sobrang nag-alala kami sayo, Lori. Sinasabi lagi ng Doctor na anytime magigising ka na after of 2 weeks noong dinala ka dito. But you took a month to get back." Shan explained. "You missed 2 months of semesters. From what I heard, you need to cover those 2 months by next sem. Probably by summer, you'll be regular ulit at sabay pa rin tayong mag-graduate."

Shan nod at me, encouraging me that everything will be fine. But really, I don't mind. If I have to take summer classes just to catch up with my subject, I'll do it willingly. I don't have any excuses to pull off and I can't definitely use the coma card and tell them 'I've been in a coma, please consider to pass me'. That's not how it works. And for sure, they don't care to whatever kind of accident I've been through.

"Don't worry, Bryan will join you in taking those classes. As for my calculation, his passing rate can't be pass 50% and definitely not 75%" They laughed to what Ceres said. And somehow I can't stop myself from laughing too. The dim atmosphere a while ago lit up thanks to Ceres though Bryan is eager to defend himself.

"Guys really, I don't mind. And can we stop talking about school? I want to know how are you, 2 months passed. What's new?" I asked.

I think it's normal for people who've wake from coma to catch up with their friends. And I view that as more interesting topic than school. Though I wanted to ask what happened before I've gone to coma. Maybe I'll just ask them later but for now I want to savor this moment. Playfully talking with them after 2 months of sleep. I know, I am a sleepyhead but I don't know I'll experience this kind of tremendous sleep.