Season 1, Ep 1: Prologue

A/N: Hey guys! This is the prologue of the story. Also, I don't own anything.

Enjoy!

*insert the opening of Hậu Duệ Mặt Trời Việt Nam

Somewhere in the present, Hà Nội, Việt Nam

Third Person POV:

Here, on this historic day, was where Vietnam got itself very new equipment for its armed forces, just a few days after the Sirens were defeated by a joint US-Russian-Vietnamese Task Force, off the coastal port of Hải Phong. It was a long and bitter battle, with many casualties for the task force, but, they pushed through, and the Sirens were then no more. In this meeting, was the General Secretary of the Đảng Cộng Sản (Vietnamese Communist Party), Nguyễn Phú Trọng, the Russian Minister of Defense, Sergey Shoygu, and the US Secretary of Defense, Ashton Carter.

Trọng: -So I see you two have much to discuss.

Shoygu: Yes, and we have a lot of equipment to transfer as well.

Carter: I agree. After your cooperation from that battle with the Sirens, and the aging equipment currently in your service, it's time for a change.

Trọng: A change? For the armed forces.

Shoygu: Yes. Secretary?

Carter: I think you should say it all.

Shoygu: Very well then. (ahem) Effective today, your military will receive: All the US Multicam ACUs, all of the US Improved Outer Tactical Vests Generation 4, all the US Advanced Combat Helmets, 1,000 T-14 Armatas, 300 Su-57s, 100 F-35s of various variants, 200 F/A-18s, 100 MiG-35s, One Nimitz-class Carrier, the USS Carl Vinson, with all aircraft onboard, One Kuznetsov-class Carrier, the Admiral Kuzentsov, with all aircraft onboard (A/N: Russia in this time has already phased out the Admiral Kuzentsov for the Shtorm-class. And the US has about 20 something aircraft carriers, so they should be fine), One Kirov-class Battlecruiser, the Admiral Nakhimov, One Slava-class Cruiser, the Moskva, 4 Arleigh Burke-class Destroyers, the USS Thomas Hudner, USS Dewey, USS John Finn, and the USS John S. McCain, Two Udaloy-class Destroyers, the Admiral Vinogradov, and the Marshal Sharposhnikov, AK-74M3s for the whole Vietnamese military, and lastly, LSHZ 1+ helmets and EMR camouflage for the Special Forces. We will update if there is more.

By this point, the General Secretary almost fainted. He is a pretty old guy, but a very strong one. But just this, just this once, he let himself be like that.

Carter (rushing towards him): Mr. General Secretary? Are you alright?

Trọng (dusting himself back up): I think I'll be fine. I guess.

Shoygu: You seem fine. After all, you led this country in a crisis just off Hải Phong. Anyways, that should be all the equipment that we give you.

Trọng: Thank you two gentlemen so much for the gracious donation of equipment we so desperately need to modernize.

Shoygu: No problem.

*Timeskip brought to you by StateFarm*

A few months later, random Vietnamese base.

All the equipment for the Vietnamese soldiers in that base arrived. It was a whole lot for them, and for the first time in their lives, they were all shocked at the amount.

Vietnamese Soldier #1: Nhiếu thế! (So many!)

Vietnamese Soldier #2: Đấy là từ Mỹ hết đấy đồng chí. Rất hiện đậi cho quân đội của mình. (This is all the US equipment they gave to us, Comrade. Very modern for our military.)