Lily

I manage to get to class on time, which is great. Since it is the start of the second semester and I am taking Art History, a lot of my classmates are mostly transfers like me. I guess it is recommended to take the class on your first semester as an art major, but that is just my assumption.

It is fortunate for me that our professor hasn’t started the formal lessons yet, because I won’t be able to concentrate at all. Yep, I am still thinking about Mr. Architecture/ Severus. I wonder if he got his sketch right, if he is happy with it. I wonder what project he’s got on that notebook. The urge to know is overwhelming, and I want to smack myself on the head for behaving like a little middle schooler having her first crush ever.

The class is dismissed before I even know it, and I shake my head, thinking that time flies fast when you’re thinking about someone. Not that I am complaining—thoughts of Severus are nice ones. I think about his face, and I suddenly want to know what color his eyes are. A blush creeps up my cheeks and I roll my eyes at myself, clasping my hands over my red cheeks. Making my way across the room, I exit the door with my satchel over my chest, and I almost don’t notice a figure in front of me. Luckily, I stop walking before my face collides with another person’s back.

That person turns around, and I find myself staring at a very cute boy. Jeez, are all the boys in this university good looking?

He has dark, curly hair that is tied to a ponytail, and his eyes are olive green. He smiles at me, and wow, yes this boy is fine.

“Hey,” he says, raising his hand up with a wave. “My name’s Steve.”

I return his wave. “Hi. I’m Lily.”

“Transfer?”

I nod.

“From?”

“Somewhere in Iowa.”

I hear the smirk in his voice. “Ooh, somewhere in Iowa. Mysterious.”

I almost snort. “Are you a transfer, too?”

He shakes his head. “I am just too cool so I took Art History this semester.” He smiles again. “Breaking the mold.”

 “Ooh, breaking the mold. What a rebel.” I bite my lip to keep from smiling, but it is hard not to smile.

“I know.” Steve falls into a step beside me and grins. “It’s one of the millions of things my boyfriend loves about me.”

I pause and blink. “Boyfriend?”

Steve is suddenly in front of me, blocking my path. I can tell he is trying not to laugh. “Yes, I have a boyfriend. I know, you’re probably devastated that a guy as good looking as I am is not into your gender, but I like boys and I have a really, really adorable and sexy boyfriend.”

I am speechless. I just stand there and gawk at Steve like a moron.

He finally lets out a laugh. If he notices my surprise at his statement, he doesn’t mention it. Instead he says, “Nice skirt, by the way. You think you can do that to my pants?”

I snap out of my trance and clear my throat. I say, “You can tell I made my skirt?”

“Of course, dah-ling,” Steve replies with a posh English accent. Then he smirks. “I’m also really good at guessing. This is nice work, though.” He gestures at my skirt with a long finger. With flair.

With a smile threatening to spread my lips, I cock my head to one side and look up at Steve. “I think I can do something about your pants.”

“Well, that sounds kind of dirty.”