Night before and Morning of the trip

Soon it was the evening and they were setting off for Disneyland the next day.

Chloe was looking at the messages she had received from the others and she smiled.
Clark came to do her nighttime checks and settle her into bed, she grinned up at him from her place sat on the floor. Chloe had always liked sitting down there and so they had made it more comfortable to do so in her new room with a very soft rug and an extra support pillow like the one which was in use on her bed.
"Are you excited for tomorrow?" He asked after helping her up and walking her to the bed, sitting her down and going to get her pyjamas from the drawer. With her brain damage and weaker mobility skills, she struggled with tasks like getting dressed and so they took it in turns to help her.
He picked out a pair of Disney pjs they had bought especially for tonight since all the rest were packed in the suitcase and Chloe seemed thrilled by this.

"I'm glad you like them" he said with a warm genuine smile, quickly helping her into the pyjamas. Chloe had to be tube fed currently. She could tolerate small amounts of normal food but not enough by mouth to sustain her body. Thankfully the small amount she could eat meant she didn't need a nasal feeding tube and could instead have a peg in her stomach making things a little easier. Clark hooked up her nighttime feed as she inspected her new pjs and held onto her stuffed animal, she had settled into their nighttime routine quite well and they were very lucky. They had been a little worried about taking her away since it would be the first time since her surgery but they had a good handle on her routine, the doctors had set them up with travel kits containing more portable temporary versions of the equipment they would be needing and also it was important for Chloe to spend some time with her friends doing something fun.

"I'll do your medicine first and then I'll plug in your monitor and feed"
She got herself comfy on the bed, letting him know once she was okay and adjusting her pj top so that he could reach her stomach. She lay still as he gave her a shot of medicine into her stomach which was meant to help her. He then gently pulled down the collar of her shirt to place the monitor leads on her chest, at first the constant beeping had been a bit disruptive whilst she slept but now it was almost soothing and made for something to focus on if she couldn't get to sleep. She was feeling pretty tired by this point and let out a yawn.

"Nearly done honey, just hooking up Peggy and then you can sleep" she smiled at the nickname for her peg feed, watching him with interest. It was strange to have such a constant need for medical attention when she'd gone almost her whole life without any at all but it was also a good feeling to know that she was being taken care of now and she didn't have to worry or suffer in silence. He pressed another kiss to her forehead once the feed was secured and stroked her hair soothingly as her eyes began to slowly flutter closed.
"Goodnight baby" he whispered "See you in the morning"

The next morning came and both her parents were nearby when she woke up. She was a little worried at first as normally they wouldn't both be there unless there was something wrong but she realised it was because they were packing her suitcase for her.

"Morning baby" Ming said and reached a hand to softly stroke her hair. She was still missing a small section at the front from her surgery but mommy always did a good job of doing her hair so that part was hidden away and barely noticeable.

"Morning" she greeted back, her eyes going over to Clark who was packing the last of her things up before went to cook breakfast, leaving her mom to help her dress for the day. She showed the woman a picture on her phone, it was of Elizabeth wearing a Disney themed outfit and they had planned to dress in the same matching clothes. Thankfully the clothes were ones elizabeth had sent over to them plenty ahead of time so that they could be adapted for chloes needs and the two best friends were very excited to be matching. Chloe grinned at herself in the mirror as she sat on the edge of the bed as mommy brushed out her hair.
"We're gonna be twins!" She said happily.

The coach arrived, they had made sure to hire a special adapted coach to fit Chloes wheelchair onto. Ming and Clark walked up the stairs at the front of the bus and greeted everyone, Chloe had insisted she could handle this herself and the coach drive was a lovely woman they knew would keep an eye out for her just in case. They took a seat near the back to be near their daughter, she had barely been away from them apart from being in surgery since they had become her guardians so it felt a little strange but they could see her wheelchair being lifted up into the back of the coach. As soon as her and Elizabeth caught sight of each other they both squealed happily, delighted by the view of each other in their matching outfits.

Clark watched with a fond smile as Elizabeth walked in to engulf her best friend in a big hug before helping to get her strapped in and secure, taking the seat next to the wheelchair space without anyone having to even ask. Clark shared a warm look with the driver as the woman left them to it once Chloes chair was secure and went back up to the front to begin driving. Clark mostly managed to keep his mind occupied on the drive, it was a few hours long and generally he wasn't one to feel travel sick but this was the first long journey he'd taken in a while and also one of the first times since everything when it felt like he had a moment to himself to be able to just relax. His wife was asleep next to him, he envied her ability to sleep in any form of transportation or any place.

He looked over to check on the girls and found them taking selfies, Elizabeth chatting excitedly and Chloe keeping up best she could. There was a couple of occasions where Elizabeth would forget about her best friends communication problems but they worked out ways around it, like Chloe texting something and Elizabeth would then respond verbally or the girl had learnt some sign language so they would be able to communicate easier, Chloe knew she was very lucky to have such an amazing best friend.