Lunchtime at Disney

It had gotten to lunch time and their small group had settled on a place, for both Chloe and for Iain who was diabetic it was important for them to have a set lunch so they aimed for around the same time as usual. It was good too that this trip was during the special time set aside for Disney and Marvel employees where the park was closed to the public meaning they didn't have to worry about fans or the public being nosy or big crowds. Lil was pushing Chloes chair to give Ming a small break, the older woman was arm in arm with Clark as they picked out a meal deal from the options available she jumped at Lil appearing in front of her all of a sudden.

"So sorry, didn't mean to scare you" the young british woman said and Ming smiled warmly at her, the girl was almost like a secondary daughter to her "I was wondering, if I get a meal deal and gave my slice of pizza to chloe, would that be okay for her? Would it be enough?"

Ming nodded, generally they kept chloes diet fairly bland and healthy since her stomach was quite sensitive but she could see the size of the piece would be okay for her plus she knew the girl would enjoy a little more of a treat.

"Yes that's fine, just make sure you get a plain margarita pizza" she told Lil and the girl nodded, running back over to Chloe and pushing her up to the counter to order

They settled into some seating, they had to sit outside since inside was only set benches and they didn't feel comfortable having Chloe at the end of the table where she might get knocked into when people were passing by. Their small group was made of Ming, Clark, Chloe and Lil plus Iain, Nick, Jeff, Dichen and Max. Chloe was enjoying her pizza slice, eating it slowly and carefully but it was clearly delicious all the same. She didn't eat the whole thing but they hadn't expected that she would, the fact she had enjoyed the small treat was the main thing. Clark then reached into his bag to get her lunchtime feed and noticed Lil watching him curiously as he set up. She had seen Chloe be fed a few times though always took a keen interest in caring for her best friend which warmed his heart.

"Clark?" She questioned him, her voice much softer than usual

"Yeah, Lil?" He asked back, wondering what she was going to ask. At least he was was good at multitasking so could answer her question whilst attaching Chloes feed, though what she asked took him aback ever so slightly.

"Can I help at all?" She offered.
He shared a look with Ming, it would give him time to finish his lunch and a few extra moments to relax but they weren't use to handing over the care of their daughter yet. Dichen seemed to pick up on his slight worry and smiled softly.

"I can hold her on my lap, that way she's more comfy too" she said and Chloe smiled warmly at this, she was happy to spend even more time with her friends and Dichen was almost like her secondary mom. Seeing the big smile on his daughters and his best friends face he nodded in agreement.

"That sounds good" he agreed and smiled at the celebratory noise from Chloe. Between them, he and Dichen carefully got Chloe settled on the woman's lap and had the small machine nearby. He handed some gloves over to Lil who first sanitised her hands before slipping them on and taking the items needed, sitting down next to Dichen. The older woman got Chloe into the correct position to be fed, patting her shoulder soothingly as she whined from hunger.

"Okay Lil, she needs a bib first" Dichen said, remembering how Clark and Ming had taught her how to do this since she was their emergency "babysitter" in case it was needed. The older woman pointed to the bag and Lil dug around in it until she retrieved a Minnie Mouse print bib, smiling.

"See Chlo, this ones perfect. It even matches your outfit!" She grinned, she knew that Chloe often didn't like wearing the bibs as she worried it made her look weird but for everyday she had some really cool neckties that were pretty much indistinguishable from a normal one, proved by the fact Lil was also wearing a matching 'normal' necktie with her outfit, plus when she needed a proper one during feeds or checkups they had made sure to pick some nice ones to even just to make her feel a little better about it.

Lil tucked the bib in under chloes chin and smiled happily at her, ticking just under her chin to make her giggle before doing the steps needed to set the feed running.

"Good girl, you're a big help" Dichen reassured her and sent her to dispose of the gloves and wash her hands. Chloe watched her leave before looking back up at Dichen with a smile. She was having a fairly non verbal day but they figured it was with all of the new stimuli and all the  overwhelming sights and smells of a theme park, she'd otherwise been happy and fairly relaxed.

"Your best friend did such a good job, didn't she?" Dichen said to her and Chloe made a noise of affirmation, looking back to where Lil was washing her hands "She loves you a whole lot, so do I"

Chloe giggled at the kisses the woman peppered her face with, kicking her legs and laughing happily. Once Lil came back over, she reached a hand out and the girl held it for a moment as they waited for her everyone else to finish before they could move Chloe back into her wheelchair and be all ready for the afternoon.