1| Where She Has Always Hoped For Something More

[Purely Fiction - Romance/Drama]

[Just Two Chapters Short Story]

______

Their first fight was not meant to be that impactful. They'd gone a whole year without being meaning anything less to each other.

And yet, here he was standing, in the midst of something important she's been doing, asking her some really ridiculous questions even she didn't know the exact answers to.

While she knew deep down in the hollow buried region of her heart that she shouldn't take his words too seriously. She knew he just wanted to provoke her when he himself knew that there was just no reasoning with his questions.

She did agree that they've been good friends to each other for more than a year now, and she, as faithful and giving as she has ever been, never asked more than that from him.

Or that's what she kept telling herself since she's no reason to. As he already had a girl he wanted to propose to for the marriage when they first met.

So sweet and enchanting their relationship sounded like, that indeed, she ended up becoming the close friend, and the only friend of his with whom he confided secret chit-bits of his relationship with.

But over a year, she couldn't deny that she had grown to desire more than that respectable space that he used to keep between them whenever they hanged out.

At times, she felt self-loathe and disgusted with herself for wanting a man who already had someone beloved and precious in his life.

She knew for the sake of being a well-bred daughter from an upper class family, she restrained a lot from spilling out her feelings to him under any moment of weakness which she might encounter while this much being with him.

And so, owing to her own benefit, for the past few months, she had tried to keep as much space from him as was possible, keeping all her natural urges in her unexpected limits of self-control.

She did agree she had helped him a lot in his relationship, unknowingly though, or maybe as a true friend that she has always been to him, but when it came to her, she hardly uttered a syllable on her own life, in the hidden fear that she might say more in the process than what she originally planned to tell him from the beginning.

But she needs to give it to him, that indeed, he had proved himself to be as true a friend to her as she was to him, for the fact that he never let her get away with any of her excuses for not opening up about her life.

Always he caught her in the middle of changing the topic, and more so, he even assisted her a lot in his own way in how to actually be more open and sharing about her troubles, problems and life.

At some point, her parents started liking seeing the two of them together, and from their pleased curly cheeks and those sweet tender smiles, she had guessed that they liked him more than she thought that they ever would.

After all, he hardly had anything that any parent would dislike. He came from an influential family itself and while he had so much he could inherit from his father, he still had much more impressive collections of his own degrees, achievements and positions that would make any girl drool for him.

But I knew that was not what I wanted from him, she thought to herself.

And no matter how many times she insisted in urgency about his being already in relationship with someone, her parent's efforts, or what they say, expectations never suffered a single scar as the next day, they still couldn't keep their words to themselves from pointing out in various ways of how actually good we both look together.