Kurumi's Ghostly Trick/Ghost Train

Ryuko Matoi the Tank Engine And Friends

Episode 50

US Episode Title: Kurumi's Ghostly Trick

UK Episode Title: Ghost Train

Original Storybook: "Tramway Engines" By the Rev. W. Awdry

"And every year, on the date of the accident, it runs again as a warning to others! Plunging into the gap, shrieking like a lost soul!" "Kurumi, what are you talking about?" Asked Ryuko. "The Ghost Train!" Replied Kurumi. "Driver saw it last night!" "Where?!" Asked Ryuko and Chelsea. "He didn't say!" Said Kurumi. "Oh it makes my wheels wobble to think of it!" "Huh! Who cares?" Said Ryuko. "You're just a silly little engine, Kurumi. I'm not scared!" And she puffed away.

Later, Kurumi was with her Driver. "Ryuko didn't believe in your ghost!" She told him. "Neither do I!" Said her Driver. "It was only a pretend Ghost story I saw on the Television!" Kurumi couldn't believe what she had heard.

That evening, Kurumi was returning from the Harbor. Kurumi knew where she was, even in the Dark. "Crow's Farm Crossing." She said. "We shan't be long now!" Kurumi loved running at night. The rails hummed and the Signal Lights shone Green. However, a broken cart of Lime lay ahead. Sam the Farmer had Just gone away to get help. He thought the next train wasn't due for awhile, but he reckoned without Kurumi...

CRASH!!!

Kurumi broke the Cart to Smithereens! Lime Flew Everywhere! She puffed quickly to the nearest signal box. Her Driver explained Everything. "I'll see to it," Said the Signalman. "But you'd better clean Kurumi or else people will think she is a ghost!" Kurumi chuckled at the thought. "Do let's pretend I'm a Ghost and Scare Ryuko! That will teach her to say I'm a silly little engine!" Chelsea promised to help and she puffed away at once.

Ryuko was in the shed, being oiled up for her next train when Chelsea came in. "Kurumi's has had an Accident!" She told her. "Poor Engine!" Said Ryuko. "Botheration! That means I'll be late!" "They've cleared the line for you," Said Chelsea. "But there is something worse!" "Out with it, Chelsea! I don't have all evening!" "I've just seen something! It-it looked like Kurumi's ghost! It said it was coming here to w-warn us!" "Huh!" Said Ryuko. "Don't be frightened, Chelsea. I'll take Care of you.

Kurumi crept quietly into the yard and behind the closed shed door. "Peep! Peep! Pip, Pip, Peep! Let me in! Let me in!" Wailed Kurumi spookily. "No! No!" Said Chelsea. "Not by the smoke of my chimney chim-chim!" "I'll chuff and I'll puff, and I'll break your door in!" Blowing steam, Chelsea's crew opened the doors to show Kurumi. "Oh dear!" Exclaimed Ryuko in fright. "It's getting Late! Oh, Oh... I have no idea! Oh... I must find Lucy and Madoka!" And she rushed away.

It was the next morning when Ryuko returned to the Station. Chelsea was there. "Where have you been?" Asked Chelsea. "Ah well," said Ryuko. "I didn't want you to be upset about Kurumi. And I didn't mean to intrude, I spent last night in the Freight shed and..." Then she heard Two whistles. "Oh! Sorry!" She exclaimed. "I can't stop! I got to see a coach about a train." And she puffed quickly away.

Kurumi was none the Worse for Adventure, and was still enjoying herself enormously. She pulled up along side Chelsea. "Well, Well, Well!" Chuckled Kurumi. "What do you think of that," "Anyone would think," laughed Chelsea. "That Our Ryuko has just seen a ghost!"