Chapter 1 The Beginning of the Great War

My name is Wolfgang Schiffer and I'm a Mech Kommandant or commander of the 23rd Mech Division. As of today war about to go to war against the world fighting multiple fronts and bringing glory to Saxony and taking our revenge on Polania for killing our Archduke, but this would cause other nations to go to war and trigger the first major world conflict and Saxony is in the middle of it.
Today the high command wants to launch a full on assault on Polania before they can mobilize all their people for a counter attack and we must take over critical sectors and key areas to prevent them from being reinforced or supplied. The 23rd mech Division has been ordered to attack a supply Depot that has a cash of weapons and mechs. We received orders to either capture the cash or destroy it, but High Command wants my division to secure as much as we can to supply our army.

Wolfgang: "All Right men we been order to take the Polania supply cash and train station so that can not get reinforcements and help us take Polania hopefully by Christmas."

Saxonian Soldiers: "Ja Herr Kommandant let show these Polania what the Empire can do. Für der Kaiser Für der Vaterland!"

We met heavy MG fire and a lot of troops trying to hold the line, but we blasted through them and crashed their defense, but we took some heavy losses.

We pushed the enemy back to the supply depots where we saw the Polania trying to destroy their equipment before we could capture it and some of their mechs as well, but did not stop us from capturing some of that equipment.

Wolfgang: "Men! Quickly stop the Polania from destroying their equipment, so we can use it for later uses!"

Saxonian Soldier: "It shall be done at once Herr Kommandant"

The Soldiers and my mech division quickly stop the Polania in time, but was left was a few AT cannons some MGs, two heavy MGs and 4 to 5 PZM-7 "Smialy"
that is arm with a mech size Boot action Rifle with attached bayonets. They may look weak, but with numbers and speed that can be quite dangerous.

While searching for any other supplies one of men came to me and told me "Herr Kommandant I have bad news for you!" "what is it soldier" "We spot at least two divisions of Polania mechs and infantry heading this way and the worst part is they are pushing our forces on the broader back into Saxonian lands" "Dam... Tell the men to set up defenses and diggin and get some of these mechs up and AT Cannons in place and fast!"

I quickly ran back to my mech and we quickly dig in and may some holes so that my mech and a few other mechs fit in to get in cover. I told the artillery team that was piloting the SLL 33 "Erlkönig" a mobile Artillery That fired power rounds to the sky and came back to the ground to bring hell on to our enemies.  They got into position just in time when we saw thousands of Polanian mechs and infantry charging to their death.

17:19. 9 hours since the war has started and operation

We held our ground for hours fire rounds after rounds and shells after shells. My division took heavy loss and lost a few good mechs and if it was not for the artillery showing up in time we would have been goners. The battle may be won, but the War has only begun and we have yet seen what will come in this war and the future of warfare. I received orders to hold my position until reinforcements arrive in a few days, but I fear something else is coming to our frontlines besides Polanians and I fear it could be the Rusoviet and I have a feeling they are almost here. I wonder how the Western Front is going right now and wonder if we made any progress against the French yet.