Chapter 04: Temptress

A/N: @ayieeej, this is for you! ^•^

DISCLAIMER: Project Loki is not mine. It's Author AkosiIbarra's. This is only a fanfiction and the photo used is also not mine. Credits to the rightful owners.

***

On the other hand, when the bell rang, the trio who went running for Lorelei planned to skip classes to continue finding her. Pero natigil ang plano nila nang madaanan nila si Sir Rich.

"Bakit nasa labas pa kayo?" Bungad sa kanila ng guro sa kanila habang nakangiti. But they knew what that smile means. It means - 'I caught you.'

"Umm..." The students couldn't say anything as they were caught in the act of cutting classes. A-acting na sana si Jamie para magrason pero parang nakita ng guro ang balak kaya inunahan niya itong magsalita.

"Don't ever think of escaping classes. Detention ang aabutin niyo. Balik na sa klase." Sir Rich instructed as he stretched his right arm to show them the way.

"But sir, we have a case to solve!" Hysterically said, Jamie acted so frustrated. Though parang hindi na talaga act yun dahil pagod na pagod at bigo silang habulin si Lorelei.

"Ipagpatuloy niyo muna. May lunch pa naman eh. And I don't think your case is a murder or suicide one. No need to do it immediately." Sir Rich kindly reminded them.

Aangal na sana sina Alistair at Jamie nang hilain sila ni Sir Rich papunta sa kanikanilang classroom. But little did they know, nakatakas si Loki! Umalis siya habang hindi tumitingin ang guro at naglakad ulit para hanapin si Lorelei.

***
A girl in a ponytail arrived at the back of the school building and leaned to the wall.

Sapo ni Lorelei ang kanyang mga tuhod at hinihingal na nakasandal sa puno. It's already lunch but she doesn't feel any hunger even if she had run for hours.

Wala masyadong tao rito at dahil lunch time ay nasa cafeteria o classroom ang mga estudyante. Ang mga nandito lang ay ang mga estudyanteng mag-isa't walang kaibigan but they minded their own businesses.

Umupo sa bench si Lorelei nang makaramdam siya ng uhaw. Lumingon siya sa paligid para maghanap ng water fountain. Nang makakita siya ng fountain agad siyang tumayo at pumunta dito.

After she drank, she went back to the bench only for it to be occupied by new students. With a sad facade, umupo na lamang siya sa ilalim ng puno.

Absentmidedly, she closed her eyes and felt the wind touch her sweaty body. Nanatiling nakapikit si Lorelei hanggang sa hindi na niya namalayan na nakatulog na siya.

Nagising si Lorelei ng naliligo sa pawis dahil sa matinding init. Dalawang oras na siyang tulog at punong puno ng lawis ang katawan niya. Tumingin siya sa paligid at napansing wala na ang mga estudyante.

They're probably on their classes right now, she thought.

Lorelei went on the locker room to get a small towel para punasan ang pawis niya at nag perfume.

Hot, it's so hot in here, she mumbled.

She removed and threw her vest, undid a few buttons of her polo and pulled her necktie. She breathed, now she's feeling a little better. She fixed her ponytail and  wiped her face and neck. She sprayed perfume on her to cover up the smell of sweat on her body. And one word to describe her right now?

HOT. Parang yung init sa langit.

"Look who I found."

Lorelei stiffened. She clearly remember that voice. She didn't turn around to see that person because she knew he is behind her. Nakasandal si Loki sa pader.