1864 Chapter 16

"Damon," I say finding him in the parlour with a broken neck Stefan lying on the ground, "what happened?"

"He tried to kill me," he said rolling up his sleeves. 

"We need to kill the vampires tonight."

"No kidding? We also need to cure Stefan. We can't kill that many Elena, we are outnumbered in case you hadn't noticed."

"Do you trust me Damon?"

"Elena-"

"I convinced Emily to not entomb them, I told her we could kill them," I said.

"Why the hell would you do that?"

"Because I don't want Caroline. Jeremy or Alaric or Bonnie to be dinner for those vampires in 200 years. The whole point of us staying here in 1864 is to protect them so let's protect them."

"How Elena? How the hell are we going to kill that many vampires? In case you hadn't noticed, Jeremy's nifty wood bullet guns aren't just laying around."

"We get the cure. Hide it, get Stefan to turn us, kill them all, turn back into human. Simple."

"That's your plan? And what if someone finds the cure?"

"No one knows about it but us," I say.

"Fine. But we need to get going now," he says dragging Stefan into the vampire dungeon. Emily was instructed to give Stefan a cup of blood every four hours until they returned. She was only able to do that because she could replenish what was lost with a simple herb.