Chapter 03: Brawl

#03: Brawl...

It was one of the fights of his life.

The day started off really nice too, so Zander was a tad disappointed when it ended up in a fight. He walked nonchalantly in his favorite diner for his regular sandwich like every other Sunday, and was just about to add his dash of peanut butter to it when a glass was thrown right across him, missing his ear by millimeters, and spraying water on his back and a bit on his meal. This, of course, ended up with his bread soggy, and though the normal human being would much more be interested in the fragments of glass sprawled across their table and a few laid on the shoulder of their clothes, Zander stood and sauntered toward the one who threw it at him.

The guy was big, almost two heads taller than him, and he was going crazy at the poor waiter holding onto his tray like a shield in hopes of protecting himself from a plausible hit.

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE MAKING A FOOL OUT OF ME!?"

Zander stepped in. "Excuse me." He said nonchalantly, raising a hand for attention as he got between the giant and the shrinking waiter.

"AND WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?" The man shouted right at his face, his voice booming with a matching nerve twitching at his forehead. For a second, Zander thought a flash of recognition came over the oaf's bloodshot eyes.

Zander brushed the feeling aside, and pinched his nose. "P.U.! Have you been drinking dude? I mean, seriously, it's like three in the afternoon!"

A few chuckles went around the room, and just as the waiter's face grew paler in fear did the giant's face flushed with a mixture of both embarrassment and outrage.

"Why you little..."

The giant made a grab for Zander with both palms, but he had ducked just in time and slipped through his open legs. Once he stood behind him, he dusted his gray jacket and turned around at the same time the giant did.

"Awww!" Zander sounded with puppy dog eyes. "The big lunker wants a hug!"

This time, the whole diner went into a hoot of laughter, and even as the giant glared at them, no one seemed to care anymore. Well, who would? Anyone in that diner could have put the beast to sleep in their sleep. Zander as no exception on better days. But it seemed that the giant was new to the place. The beast didn't know that he was vastly outnumbered, and outwitted.

"SHUT UP!! SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!!!"

The booming voice merely deterred a few who showed irritation. He stared back down at Zander with fire and loathing in his beady eyes.

He stuck his tongue out at him, and that was the needle that popped the water balloon.

The giant grabbed him by the shoulder, and Zander wasn't given the time to break free. He was hurled through the air and ended up cascading down a long table of his fellow punks.

Now, this was what started the chaos.

The teens sitting on the long table didn't take too kindly in their food being wasted, especially since they were paying customers. And as paying customers, they had the right to have their complaints be heard. Unfortunately for the staff, when their customers wanted their complaints to be heard, they didn't just want to be verbal. They liked to break stuff too.

And they didn't just broke stuff owned by the diner.

Zander didn't know how it ended up the way it did, but when a splash of water woke him up, the only thing he recognized in sight was dust of ruble and people throwing themselves at each other with the intention to hurt. Blood-curdling screams of outrage and pain were the first sounds that registered in his ears and he couldn't help but smile a satisfied grin.

Although he was a tad regretful that he didn't get to eat his sandwich that day, at least he managed to start a fight.

He kicked his feet up to jump out of the table just when a redhead was thrown right at him. The guy groaned a little and held his right arm after the impact was dealt.

"Oi," Zander called. "You okay?"

And, as though in realization, his eyes flew open and, before Zander could blink, a fist rammed his jaw.

He staggered back, his eyes closed from the impact, but he didn't fall. In fact, when he held his jaw and spat a little blood, he was sure he had amusement in his eyes. Good, he thought, a good fight was always good exercise, and he was starting to get out of shape too.

He rolled the knots off his shoulder blades as he waited for the stranger to get off the table.

"You know, when someone asks you if you're okay, you're supposed to answer with a yes or no." He stated challengingly, making his knuckles crackle a tad.

The stranger didn't comment, but merely made his neck click and clack as they both glared each other down. No one would really retreat though, no matter the challenge in front of them, and they both knew it.

When a plate flew right in the middle of them and shattered into pieces, they charged at each other headfirst with a battle cry.

Sakri got between them.