𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚒𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" Athena questioned. 

"Nazi Germany. And we're borrowing it. So take your feel off the dash" He scolded.

Athena sighed and did as he said. "Alright, I have a question for you, which you do not have to answer. I feel like, if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know"

"What?" Steve questioned.

She gave him a smile "Was that your first kiss since 1945"

He kept his eyes on the road "That bad, huh?"

Athena shook her head "I didn't say that"

"Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying," He told her.

She looked over at him "No, I didn't. I just wondered how much practice you had"

"You don't need practice," Steve said.

Athena shook her head "Everyone needs practice"

"It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm 95 I'm not dead" He told her.

Athena laughed "No one special though?" She asked.

He scoffed "Believe it or not it's hard to find someone with shared life experience"

"Well, that's alright. Just make stuff up" She told him.

"What, like you? You still haven't told me how you survived space without a suit"

"The truth is a matter of circumstance. It's not all things to all people, all the time." Athena told him.

He took his eyes away from the road and looked over at Athena "It's a tough way to live"

She let out a sigh before responding "It's a good way not to die though"

"You know it's kinda hard to trust someone when you don't know who that someone really is," Steve told her.

Athena met Steve's eyes "Who do you want me to be Steve?"

"How about yourself"

Athena smiled "I've always been myself around you" She looked out of the window "And just so you know the kiss honestly wasn't that bad"

Steve sighed "That so"

"Couldn't even tell you were out of the kissing businesses for 70 years" She joked.

He laughed loudly "Well that's good to know"

"Yeah but don't let it get to your head"