Part 4 : Graveyard

*groan*

Miku heard a soft voice.

Curious but still shaking in fear, she stood up and walked cautiously towards where the voice was coming from. There, she heaved a huge sigh of relief when it was Kaito that she saw sprawled on the floor.

"Kaito!"

Kaito looked up, Miku saw the hurtful expression on his face. "I think I sprained my leg.. ouch it hurts." Kaito replied and he looked from left to right. "Where are we?"

"I don't know.." Miku wanted to cry again, but she held the tears back. "This looks like a classroom, but it doesn't look like any classroom at our school.."

Kaito tried to sit up, but a sudden wave of pain hit him up his leg.

"Kaito! Are you okay?!"

Miku quickly crouched beside him and helped him up. "Ah.. thank you. We should go look for the others, maybe they know where we are and how we got here."

"Okay, but can you stand?" Miku asked worriedly. "Yes I'm fine." Kaito said as he stood up slowly. "You don't have to worry."

Where is this place?

Rin stood on her feet, frightened by her surroundings. She looks at her brother for some comfort, but to no avail. What's happening? Why must this happen to me? Get me out of here.. "Rin," getting hold of herself, she took a deep breath. 

"What is it brother?" 

She never saw her brother's face so pale, never in her life. He was staring at a white, cold, structure.. which they knew, was once a human being. It was lying quietly at the far corner of the classroom, its "face" was staring blankly at the twins. A sign of brutal death.

"No..NO!!" Rin screamed at the top of her lungs and hid behind her brother. She had never felt so frightened, so scared.. 

Len knew he was not in the slightest bit stronger than his sister. He too, wanted to collapse, fall into oblivion, he had enough of the world. However, he will not let the world get the best of his sister.

Rin felt her brother's warmth as he hugged her, his voice that calmed her down. "It's alright Rin, we have to calm down.. it'll be alright."

Let's get out of this place together. I promise.

Slowly they approached the skeleton, holding hands with a tight grip. They observed the skeleton, and noticed a small worn-out piece of paper laying by it's side. It read:

I ate my friend today. What else was I supposed to do? I was starving. We both were. And there's no food here. So we decided, together, that one of us should try to live just a little bit longer. If I ever get home, I'm supposed to tell all the people waiting for us what happened. We left it all up to a game of paper-scissors-rock. Loser eats winner. And I lost. I felt her blood going down my throat, quenching my thirst. And her meat was supple and satisfying. But that blood and that meat was once my friend. Up until just a few hours before, I'd been talking with her. As I feasted, I just kept thinking, this food used to be a person. Before I tore it apart, it all worked together to sustain a life. And every time I thought about that, I just started crying...and I couldn't stop. I wanted some part of her to be with me even after she died, so I decided to keep one of her eyeballs. And I thought maybe I should write all of this down, to help preserve some small portion of my sanity.

What.. is this?

- End of part 4 : Graveyard -