Part 1

A Cyber Tale

Part 1

"Hey Mikey! Will you please go with me to the internet café for a while? I've got an email to send!" Ann said excitedly one afternoon. She showed Mike her fairest smile, the one she usually gives when asking for favors.

"Lady Annie, My Dear!" Mike exclaimed in a funny tone.

"An email again? Don't you get bored?"

"I enjoy it.....and hey, there you are again! Stop calling me lady and I am not a dear. So are you going with me?"

"Do I have a choice?" Mike replied in an agreement and kissed her girlfriend on the cheek.

They went to an internet café and rented a computer. Ann spent an hour for her said email and online chat. Her poor boyfriend waited, sitting in a chair, yawning as he watched her giggle and laugh at her chat mate's messages. Mike never envied those  guys that his girlfriend was chatting with. They both promised not to fight because of envy. When they left the internet café, it was already dark and Mike brought Ann home.

"Bye" they chorused and kissed each other good night.

--------

One year of being in a relationship seemed so fast for Ann. It seemed only yesterday for her that Mike said " I Love You" to her for the first time in front of the altar of Saint Margaret's Cathedral, two weeks after they've met at the bench. Right there and then, she said "yes".

She was expecting more from her bf, that Mike had something to tell her, not just in letters but also in actions and words.

She was hoping that Mike could be more expressive, just like her chat mates.

-----

The next day, while they were at the mall, Ann was telling Mike about a mysterious email sender.

"His words were so sweet Mikey, and he said he is living right here in our town! Can you believe it? I wonder who he is.." Ann could hardly walk because of her narration.

"Whoever he is... The hell I care!!" Mike replied, the usual way. "Hurry up and walk fast, we still have class at 1:00"

For the first time, Ann felt that there was envy behind Mike's eyes. His reaction when she told him about the mysterious  email sender seemed to warn her that Mike never wanted her to communicate with him again. But the mysterious email sender was so good in expressing himself that Ann couldn't resist chatting with him.

Because of this, Ann kept his contact with him a secret. She no longer invited Mike to accompany her to the internet café.