Chapter 2

I turned around to see Xavier, his hands on his back. His face not showing a bit of emotion.

"What?" Amy questioned, looking grave dead.

"You shouldn't have hidden it from her. She could've helped you." Xavier said. His arms now folded.

"What are you talking about?" her tone nervous.

"We both know what I'm talking about, stop acting as if it didn't happen." as he said that, I saw fire tingling in his hand.

"Are you both going to tell me what's going on?" I finally said.

"Apparently, your sister has been hiding something from you. I won't tell you what it is, but your sister will tell it herself." and with that saying, he left without a word.

I turned around to see Amy. She nervously looked at the ground, not being able to meet my eyes.

"Are you going to tell me what the fuck is going on?!" I yelled.

"L-Liam, he... He shouldn't have done that!" she burst into tears.

Liam... That name sounded familiar. I went and comforted her. After she stopped her crying, I asked her the same question but more softly this time.

"Amy, please tell me what is going on."

"Liam, h-he sexually abused me. It was the real reason why I used to come home late after school. He told me if I didn't listen to him and told anyone, he'd leak my private pictures. I was scared to tell you, but I couldn't. That bastard raped me. I'm so sorry for not telling you." she sobbed.

My eyes widened. All this had been happening with my sister, and I had no clue. Tears welled up my eyes. I was such a terrible sister.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I'm such a horrible sister. All these things happened to you and I didn't even know. Liam, he's your friend?" I comforted her in my arms. She was the only family I had.

"Was." she corrected me.

-------------------------------------------------------

After comforting and talking to Amy, I decided it was high time she rested. After making sure she was asleep, I went downstairs. As I was about to go past the living room, I heard bits of a conversation. The voices belonging to Xavier, Agnes, and William.

"...Kaden is...To destroy...Xavier...We need to..." that's all I heard before Xavier pinned me to the wall outside the living room.

"Eavesdropping are we, Mi Amor." his voice only audible to me.

"No, I was just passing by-" his look cutting me off.

"Mensonges," he said. I knew a bit of French, and he clearly knew I was lying.

"How many languages do you know?" I jokingly asked, trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

"Many." was his cold answer.

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry Mon Cher." I sighed. I had no choice but to surrender.

"You speak French huh? Talk more French to me and I'll have you in my bed soon," he smirked. My cheeks turned a shade of pink.

"Are you flirting with me, Mon Cher vampire?" I smirked, two could play that game. An inhuman growl escaped his throat.

"One more time, and I'll fuck you right here," he said, earning a grin from me.

"I wouldn't mind that, but I'd prefer a bed." I giggled.

"Oh, is that so?" he said, finally unpinning me from the wall. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.