𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟸

𝑩𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒊𝒈𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖.

OMNISCIENT

After exchanging greetings with the pair of elderly women upstairs, Nasreen hurriedly entered her room and clicked the locks.

With her back leaned on the door, her mind went into a frenzy. She had only agreed to this because she overheard her mother express her tristesse to Mrs Dikko about her being unmarried, and if truth be told, She was ready to forsake her happiness for her Mother's.

When her mother told her about this meet, She had expected an eldern,eccentric man who was at least in his late 40's, not this allure of a man with prominent Effron-esque features.

The allure of a man she had just completely made a fool of herself in front of. She buried her face in her palms, cringing at the memory.

Raising her head, another alarming thought blared her, she hadn't prepared for the meet because she thought she would be meeting a man that has been long in the tooth. Now that she has seen Salim, she didn't want him to think she was terribly out of touch in terms of fashion.

Walking into her closet, she panned through her habilments. For starters, A good number of her clothes were scrubs, a handful of them formal wear, and only few were casual. Secondly, she didn't know where they were going, she neither wanted to dress too formal nor too dowdy.

She spent more time looking for clothes that struck a balance between simple and formal. After a while, she finally settled for a set of deep red loose pants and Peplum wrap top. She checked the time and was astound to see that she had spent over 40 minutes searching for clothes. She quickly tip-toed her way over the heaps of clothes she had hurled on the floor while searching for what to wear.

She quickly went into the bathroom to take her bath and get dressed.

20 minutes later, the sound of her snake print mules coming down the stairs pulled Salim's gaze away from his phone.

He immediately stood up when he caught sight of her. His face remained expressionless yet all that could go through his mind was. 'Damn, Red has never looked so good.'

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Yes."

Just then, Their mothers came downstairs.

"Nasreen, You look breathtaking." Mrs Dikko cooed. "Salim, Have you complimented Nasreen?" She said passing him a knowing look.