Chapter 1: Prologue

Chapter 1: Prologue

In Z-City, a stark naked girl laid on a bed inside an ice-cold underground laboratory.

She had a shaved head, and there were syringes and test tubes injected into her entire body; two tubes as thick as an adult human arm were also stabbed into her head. Her entire body was covered with purple bruises.

To Qin Yi, the pure white laboratory was the dirtiest place in the world. She truly wanted to die.

“Di!” The door opened and a lady dressed in a white gown walked in leisurely, followed by a man in a white oriental gown.

“Elder sister, I’ve brought you good news.” Qin Jiaojiao looked at Qin Yi’s numb face, flicked the long hair on her bosom, and continued. “Daddy is about to become the authoritarian of Z-City’s rescue district. I have to say, this was all thanks to elder sister’s selfless contributions.”

At Qin Yi’s indifference, Qin Jiaojiao smiled. “Oh right, elder sister, Zheng Zhong and I are going to be married. But I’m afraid that I can’t invite you to the wedding feast. After all, you know how much Daddy and Zheng Zhong hate you.”

Qin Yi’s eyes were filled with hatred as she struggled and howled in anguish.

Qin Jiaojiao’s gaze was extremely gentle. “Aiyaya, what are you trying to say, elder sister? Oh, I forgot that you can’t speak.”

Qin Yi continued struggling as her eyes dyed red with overflowing hatred.

Seeing Qin Yi’s embarrassing actions, Qin Jiaojiao laughed out loud. “Qin Yi, so what if you’re an ice-lightning dual-ability user? In the end, Daddy still abandoned you and Zheng Zhong doesn’t even want you. I am the real young miss of the Qin family, and you’re nothing but a bane.” Qin Jiaojiao’s eyes were suddenly filled with a crazed look, and even her beautiful face had distorted into an ugly look. “Today, I will peel out the ability core from your brain. But don’t you worry, your powers will soon be mine.”

With that, Qin Jiaojiao gestured to Doctor Lin. He sauntered over to Qin Yi’s side, revealing his face that was filled with fanaticism.

He picked up a surgical knife and made cuts on Qin Yi bit by bit, as though appreciating an outstanding work of art.

As Qin Jiaojiao felt the pain, she dested and truly hated Qin Jiaojiao, Zheng Zhong, and all of those who lied to her. But most of all, she hated her stupid self.

‘Heh, if I could do it all over again, I would not let a single one of you go!’

As she heard Qin Jiaojiao’s maniacal laughter, Qin Jiaojiao felt her consciousness gradually fading. She was free.

“Who allowed you to come here? Get lost.”

“Our Qin family doesn’t welcome you, leave now.”

“You trash, why are you a girl? Why are you forbidding him from seeing me, ah?”

“Hey, we’re not going to play with you anymore, illegitimate child. Your mother is a vixen, you’re a little vixen.”

Qin Yi was perspiring from head to toe. ‘No, no, I’m not, I’m not. Why doesn’t anyone want me?’

Qin Yi suddenly sat up on the bed with widened eyes as she gasped for breath.

She was startled as the familiar room entered her eyes. She quickly turned to the headboard, only to see the calendar marked with the date 1st of July, 2012.

She had truly undergone a rebirth, a rebirth that had brought her to half a month before the start of the apocalypse.

She suddenly started laughing hysterically, which then turned into a bawl. Large drops of tears fell from her eyes, as though venting out all the grievances in her life.