Chapter 46 - Katherine

My hope for it all to be a dream is shattered when I wake up, only to see that I'm in some dingy room. I shoot up from the bare mattress I've been lying on, gasping for air as the memory of Bernard grabbing me crosses my mind. Oh god, he got me.

I slowly get up from the floor, swaying slightly because of the drug he used on me, then go to the small window. I need to get out of here.

My hope is once again destroyed when I see that I'm on the second floor. Even if I jumped out of here, I would most definitely break my legs. Damn it! I have never felt such hatred towards my weak bones as I do right now. Had I been normal, I could've easily slipped through the window and gotten out, but with my condition it's impossible.

Damn it!

DAMN IT!

I can only pray that Betty called Killian like I asked her to and someone will notice that I'm gone. I don't even have a way to tell what time it is, but I can see it's quite late due to how dark it is outside. How long have I been here?

"Look who's awake." I whip my head around at the sound of Bernard's mocking voice. I stare wide-eyed as he leisurely walks inside, carrying a plate with a sandwich on it and a glass of water.

"What do you want from me?! Why can't you just leave me alone?!" I scream, backing away from him as he steps further inside.

"You've changed, Katie. – Bernard smirks lewdly – I wonder if you're as feisty in bed as you're right now." He sets the plate on the small stool beside him then comes up to me.

"Just leave me alone!" I yell, struggling against him as he puts his arms around me and tries to kiss me. I manage to knee his groin, making him stagger back with a furious look on his face.

"You fucking bitch!" He snarls enraged then slaps me, causing me to fall onto the ground. "Stupid cunt! Fucking slut! Damn whore, you think you can hit me?!" He screams as he kicks my stomach. I whimper in pain every time his boot meets my ribs before crying out loudly when I feel my bone crack. Gasping for air, I tremble on the dirty floor in agony.

"You're going to fucking regret this." Bernard grabs my hair and forcefully makes me lie on my back, slapping my face again when I start struggling. I can't let him do that! I can't let him hurt me like that! I belong to Killian, not him!

Bernard grunts in pain as my nails scratch his face then pins both of my arms to the floor, cracking my wrist in the process. I cry in pure agony when he digs his knee into my stomach harshly while his free hand snakes under my skirt and pulls off my underwear.

"No! Stop!!! Please no!" I wail, but my cries are soon stopped when Bernard slams his dirty hand onto my mouth.

"Shut up! No one's going to save you. Those bikers of yours are too busy chasing your mother." Bernard smirks in glee as he forcefully pries my thighs apart and settles between them.

My muffled screams and cries are the only thing that can be heard in the dimly lit room as my step-father unbuckles his pants, getting ready to defile me in the worst way possible.

Then his weight suddenly disappears.

I only catch Bernard's pained groan before everything goes silent. I carefully open my eyes, only to be met with a horrifying sight of none other than Lia beating Bernard up. I hear some rustling, so I turn my head to the door, where I see Blake. He quickly takes off his jacket then walks up to me and covers me with it.

"Everything's okay now, Kathie." He says gently, trying to pick me up from the ground, but my pained cry stops his movement. "What's wrong?"

"I think... I think he broke my rib. And my wrist." I pant, barely catching my breath.