Chapter One: Noble Bloodline

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters of AOT or any images associated. This will be following the plot of the series, but not until later chapters and even then there will be my own filler chapters!

This is an LevixOc fanfic, so please enjoy! Please let me know what you think of the first chapter, and if you would like to see more flashbacks of my OC and her past or just jump right to Levi and Aria encounters.

Levi will be in the next following chapters, but not as the Captain we know and love yet. (:

I just wanted a chance to introduce Aria as herself first, before I have her meet Levi.

*********************************************************************

"Come on Charlotte! , I exclaimed with excitement, gripping her hand in the process and dragging her behind me in a light sprint. "If we don't hurry, we won't be able to get a good view of the scouts!"

Using my free hand I fumbled with the white hood that rested atop of my messy set of black curls, pulling it further down to conceal the rest of my face.

"Aria, you know if your father catches us out here what will happen!? For goodness sake remember what happened the last time, and the time before that!?" Charlotte questioned, the fear in her voice causing her words to be breathless and uneven. Nevertheless, I continued to surge forward weaving my way through the tiny makeshift shops that lined the outlines of the capital.

However, that didn't stop the memories of the times that I had betrayed my fathers wishes in order to catch a glimpse the green cloaked figures branded with the wings of freedom.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"What the hell do you think you were doing out there Aria!?" A young lady of your status has no business wandering outside the inner most parts of the capital, especially if your caught gawking at those disgraceful bunch of soldiers!" My fathers deep gruff voice seemed to echo off the walls of our kitchen as he peered down at me slouched on the marbled floor.

He wore a look of disgust as he mumbled a small scoff and began adjusting the thick wired rimmed glasses to slide further down the bridge of his nose to hover slightly over his mouth, letting the steam of his breath to fog the glass. Pulling a small white rag from his suit pocket, he delicately started cleaning the thin glass lenses.

He was such a clean freak.

Tears began to pool in the corners of my honey colored eyes as I stared down at my blistered hands, still grasping a small toothbrush.

My father wore the title of a nobleman, a unsurpassable member of the kings assembly. However, he had once held the title of a military policeman within the walls, overall his ideals of instilling discipline was manual labor. He always rambled on about the benefits of using that time to reflect on your choices and the decisions you made in order for you to be punished.

This time his imaginative choice of punishments was to have me scrub the large kitchen area with only a small hygienic brush.

Tears streamed down my cheeks, as the anger within my chest only grew. I felt so powerless to hear him insult the men and women I admired so much and not be able to stop him.

How long had I been scrubbing? I knew the lighting had grown more dim, proving that nightfall was near. I gave a small sigh, rolling my shoulders slightly in order to ease my aching muscles.

Why was I so different from everyone here? How could I be a daughter to someone like him?

Everyone within the capital seemed to live for themselves, never sparing a second glance to the others that lived within the same walls. Individuals who had weaseled themselves closer to the king were willing to betray, mislead and even throw away the lives of countless soldiers and people, if it meant they could keep their pleasurable lifestyle.