Chapter Six: Prepartion

Third Person POV:

Three Years Later....

"Commander, are you ready for the graduation ceremony tonight? Do you think many of the cadets will join the Scout Regiment?" A young man with neatly pared blonde hair and sky blue eyes questioned.

Keith Shadis met the eyes of the young man, giving him a small nod as he propped his elbows on the desk before him, pressing his fingertips together.

"Yes, I think they have a few promising cadets. Ever after I was named commander, I've been keeping tabs. There's one cadet in particular that I believe will be of great use to us, Erwin."

"Is that so, sir? I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious. It's not very often that someone has peaked your interest in particular." Erwin replied as he took a seat in the chair placed in front of the desk, furrowing his eyebrows together as he awaited the name.

Shadis gave a small chuckle.

"Right you are Erwin. Believe me, she's an interesting character indeed. Actually, I'm in need of a small break from my extensive duties here. Would you do me the pleasure of accompanying me to the training grounds? I would like to personally introduce you to her myself." He briefly explained before grabbing his jacket from a nearby coat rack and draping it around himself.

"Of course sir." Erwin replied following close behind Shadis.

~
Aria's POV

"Are you going to stand there all day, or are you going to attack me at some point?" I spat out at the lanky boy with shaggy black hair in front of me, as I held my balled fists in front of my face.

Giving a coy smile he lunged forward throwing a punch aimed straight at my face, which I quickly blocked with my forearm, twisting my body so that I was now facing his side. I used this advantage to catch him off guard, delivering a downwards kick to the back of his knee while pushing him forward with the palm of my hand sending him face forwards, eating a mouthful of grass in the process.

"Come on Rio, your going to have to do better than that. Your the one who wanted this fight remember?" I stated, rolling my eyes as he picked himself up off the ground and spun around to face me, picking out small blades of grass that seemed to be wedged in between his teeth.

"I never said I wanted to hand to hand combat, I was thinking more like wrestling." He gave another small spat wiping the corners of his mouth and shooting me a seductive grin, followed by a wink.

Oh geez, no way with that greasy mop top of yours.

"No way in hell." I replied as I glared back at him through slit eyes.

This time I made the first move. Throwing a right punch directed towards the side of his temple, which he countered with an outward block of his own, attempting to lunge forward towards my waist. However, it wasn't quick enough for as soon he blocked, I used my left hand to deliver a slap on his cheek.

He stumbled backwards, taken a back by the tactic I had used.

"What the hell, Aria?" He spat, now fuming with anger.

"Don't be bitter, Rio. I'm no idiot. You were leaning forward in your counter. You were trying to catch me off guard and tackle me to the ground weren't you?" I replied smugly as he still clung to his reddened cheek. "How many times do I have to kick your ass in order for you to take a hint?"

Rio only scoffed, as he raced towards me once more.

He threw me a left jab, as his right hand balled itself into a fist held tightly to his side. I let myself slide to the left avoiding his blow as my right hand redirected his attack. Quickly, he twisted his body delivering another jab only this time with his right arm.