chapter 55- little brother

I'm supposed to be meeting him in Starbucks but he's always late so I'm sat here all alone looking like a loser. Thanks Tom!

I haven't seen him in about a month, so it'll be nice to catch up. He's 19 now and just started university- unlike me- but I still think of him as my baby brother.

Within no time, his blonde head of hair walked through the door and began searching the room to find me.

"Tom!" I shouted, gaining his attention as he started heading over towards me. We hugged before he sat down beside me.

"How have you been?" I asked him, remembering the reason we were meeting.

"Okay I guess, considering" he said.  I feel bad that he never got to say goodbye to dad. I should have called him the moment that I found out he was in Manchester.

"I can't believe that all this time he was in Manchester!" I said.

"Wait what? Didn't you know?" He said, shocking me and causing me to choke on my drink.

"What? You knew?!" I said, instantly changing the expression on his face.

"Yeah, I've known for the past few months. Didn't he call you?" He said, my mind still puzzled about what's going on.

"No! Why would he tell you and not me?" My face instantly dropped. When we were little I used to always think that I was the favourite and that for some unknown reason my parents secretly preferred me but I guess not. It's bad enough having you own dad die infront of you but now I find out that he didn't even care about me. How could he do this to his own daughter?

"I suppose he had the wrong number for you?" He said, trying to make me feel better. As if! If he wanted to get intouch then he would have found away. I can't believe this!

"I can't deal with this right now!" I said, getting to my feet as I began walking towards the exit.

"Emma wait!"

I can't handle all of the pain, betrayel and lies in my life! As soon as I get over one thing, something else stabs me in the back. I never have time to just sit and be alone with my thoughts. Sometimes I want to trap myself off from the outside word and just be alone for a day or even an hour, but that will never happen.

"Em are you okay?" I heard Tom's voice say as he emerged from round a corner. I was sat curled up on a bench with tears crawling from my eyes. I stayed silent as I felt his arms wrap around me.

"When is my life going to start getting better?" I cried, resting my head into her chest.

"Your life is good! You have Joe and a baby on the way. You should be excited about that instead of focusing on the past. Dad loved you and even if your findings it hard to believe, it's true!" He said, comforting me. Yet the tears kept falling. I think I needed a break down in order to accept his death and try to carry on with my life. I rarely open up to anyone but I feel like Tom will always understand me.

"Thanks Tom, I love you." I said, still resting on his chest.

"I love you too big sis." He said, kissing my forehead.

After discussing the final funeral arrangements, me and Tom decided to go our seperate ways. The funeral is the day after tomorrow so I won't see him until then. I feel like we rarely chat anymore, so it's nice to see him around. But all I want to do right now is go home and snuggle up on the sofa, under a duvet, with some of my favorite people in the world- they're family to me. 

I hope you like it so far, please vote, comment and share! I love hearing from new people! I'll be introducing some other youtubers at some stage so please comment any preferences (although I have some ideas!).
Thanks!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx